Ethernet Data Center Interconnect Cloud services Engineer
Less than 5 years experience • IT Consulting/Services
Job Title: Ethernet Data Center Interconnect Cloud services Engineer - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: Matawan, NJ
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
- This position is in the in Technology, Network and Service Evolution Team (Future Engineering – Ethernet and Cloud Enablement).
- The primary purpose of the role is to evaluate and qualify technologies, services and equipment platforms to enable best in class Ethernet services in an International and Metro environment.
- The team also works on emerging Ethernet-related technologies, especially those applicable to data center interconnect and cloud services.
Related Experience includes:
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field plus 3 years of experience in a related occupation.
- PhD is a plus.
- Strong software development skills in C++, Java, Python, other functional languages
- Strong knowledge and hands on experience with Linux operating systems.
- Knowledge of cloud architecture and cloud environment.
- Knowledge of Server & Network Virtualization
- Knowledge of Layer 2 network design and standards, including EthernetWANtechnologies, VPLS, 802.1x and 802.3xx.
- Knowledge of traditional telecommunications and data networks including DWDM, SONET/SDH and IP/MPLS.
- Understanding of MEF services such as EPL/EVPL, ETREE/EVTREE and ELAN/EVLAN.
- Hands-on experience developing Layer 2 or 3 based services requirements for networkengineering and OSS developers.
- Familiarity with modeling language such as Yang, Tosca, etc.
- Familiarity with web service development on common open source webserver platforms.
- Professional attitude, excellent written and verbal skills, good planning and organizational skills and be able to produce deliverable documentation
- Good analytical skills.
The successful candidate will work on the following tasks:
- Explore new EthernetTechnologies (SDN, NFV, DCI, Cloud orchestration, etc.)
- Support proof-of-concepts with vendors and customers and provide target architecture for platform evolution
- Define NE requirements for RFP/RFI if needed, evaluate/qualify equipment.
- Define network solution that will satisfy service requirements and document network and service architecture and requirements.
- Support the service from inception, through testing, to deployment.
- Support OSS Integration for FMS & PMS, support and validate IT design.
- Work on developing architectural and OSS solution requirement for management of Ethernet and DCI and cloud services
- Work with OpenStack cloud environment as part of the team in the Ethernet, Data Center Interconnect and Cloud Center of Excellence Lab in Wall, NJ
- Deploy/Configure/Manage OpenStack cloud in x86 servers.
- Write necessary Python scripts OR build python application to deploy/move VMs from one cloud to another.
- Deploy/Configure VNFs in open cloud environment.