PIMCO’s Global Wealth Management (GWM) team is looking for an ETF Sales Specialist Account Manager to cover financial advisors and registered investment advisors for PIMCO’s US ETF platform. PIMCO manages over $15B across 15 products in the US. The main function of this role will be to manage ETF relationships across a broad set of financial advisors both directly as well as in coordination with other GWM members. This individual will be responsible for generating sales and retaining assets for PIMCO’s ETF suite. Candidate must possess superior sales skills, strong ability to collaborate, a thorough understanding of the ETF marker, and an advanced understanding of the financial advisory business.
• Generate and retain assets within PIMCO’s ETF platform.
• Work with PIMCO management to formulate, execute and accomplish a territory business plan that adheres to the guiding principles of keeping a long term perspective and maintaining a consultative sales approach.
• Use robust sales and asset data to identify ETF opportunities within the financial advisor space for direct ETF coverage as well as coordinated coverage with Regional Account Managers.
• Partner with other GWM colleagues to support sophisticated and complex relationships.
• Maintain in-depth knowledge of PIMCO’s products, platforms, themes, initiatives, markets, strategies, and policies.
• Maintain highest level of compliance with all industry, client firm, and PIMCO regulations.
• Schedule, conduct and follow-up on activities in line with set goals. Activities include group, one on one, educational seminars and client entertainment.
•Establish and maintain a productive working relationship with key regional ETF contacts at “focus firm” broker dealers.
• Comply with all travel and expense reimbursement and detailed activity reporting in a timely manner
Support PIMCO Business Objectives
• Represent PIMCO as needed at national, regional, local conferences and training events.
• Provide feedback to PIMCO management on industry trends and opportunities.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Excellent communication skills
• Series 7, 63, and 65 licenses required
• Minimum of 5 years in an ETF client facing role (external/hybrid)
• Industry designations (ex: CFA, CFP) and/or MBA a plus
• Clean U-4
• Significant travel is required
• Broker/dealer home office ETF contacts a plus
• Strong presentation and public speaking skills for group and individual sales presentations.
• Superior interpersonal and communication skills required to create meaningful and long-term relationships with financial advisors.
• Thorough knowledge of ETF ecosystem to present PIMCO products in a consultative manner based on client needs.
• Self-starter, ability to work within the firm’s demanding and highly focused environment
• Excellent partnership skills.
*PIMCO is an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.