IBM’s Strategic Patterning Research group at Albany Nanotech is currently seeking engineers in the area of plasma etch for advanced patterning, including multiple patterning, EUV, and DSA.
The hired candidates will have significant expertise in the area of reactive ion etch or a similar field.
Some of the jobresponsibilities include the development of advanced patterning sequences and analysis of patterning performance. The candidates must understand the fundamental principles of reactive ion etch processes, and will define the path for leading patterning methodologies from concept through implementation. The positions require interaction with cross-functional and multi-company working teams that include engineers engaged in unit process development, process integration, design/layout, materials and process development, and computationaltechnology. Generation of Intellectual Property for IBM and protection of it through the patenting process are also expected. The hired candidates must possess strong analytical and design-of-experiment knowledge, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to articulate difficult concepts to an audience with diverse technical backgrounds.
State / Province
City / Township / Village
IBM Business Group
Primary job category
Hardware Development & Support
Secondary Job Category
Role ( Job Role )
Unit Process Engineering Professional
New Collar Role
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3-5 years of hands-on process development experience in plasma etch, plasma-assisted deposition, or a closely related field. Industrialexperience is preferred, though academic research will be considered.
- Familiarity with process flows for fabrication of semiconductor devices or similar products.
- Appliedexperience in design and interpretation of process development experiments, including the interpretation of SEM, TEM, or similar images.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- Application of statistical analysis and statistical process control to manufacturing processes.
- >1 yearexperience in improvement of yields and robustness of fabrication processes.
- >1 year involvement in development of integrated patterning processes, combining lithography or some other method of pattern generation with etch or other processes for transferring those patterns to other materials.
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?