Industry: Finance & Insurance•
5 - 7 years
Posted 67 days ago
DescriptionGeneral Description: ESB/WPS Web Service Developer
The ET Consultant on the Enterprise Service Bus team will help to drive the delivery and support of services, service contracts, and service transformations. The Integration developer should be well-versed in web service concepts, standards, and technologies. This position will require using a variety of tools to create new and transform existing services for consumption on the Enterprise Service Bus. In addition, he/she must be willing and capable of learning new tools and technology as we expand our area of responsibility.
Behavior Characteristics Expectations:
• Ability to work independently
• Excellent communication skills - position requires significant communication with various vendor technical resources as well as internal testing and business teams
• Self motivated/team player able to develop, support other team members
• Technical expertise for specific applications and security practices
• Understands the business and organizational implications of key application technology alternatives for wide-impact initiatives; work with team members in taking appropriate action
• Assists the development team in overall application technology design activities; leads the identification and definition of key architectures, components and interfaces, design of data model and data/information flows
• Engages in issue identification and problem resolution processes
• Addresses problems of system integration, compatibility and multiple platforms
• Performs additional duties as assigned
• High level of competency expected
Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Information Technology, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or a related area and 5 to 8 years of directly related experience.
• Strong XML, XSL, XSLT
• Strong SOA, WSDL, and web service experience, WS Security, ESB, REST, JAX RPC, MQ
• 5+ years Object Oriented programming experience. (Java preferred)
• Optional: BPEL, BPM, ODM
• Familiar with (working knowledge preferred) one or more: Websphere Process Server, Websphere Data Power, IBM MQ, IBM BPM, IBM ODM, or similar products from other vendors.
• Familiar with (working knowledge preferred) one or more: Rational Application Developer, Websphere Integration Developer, IBM Process Designer, IBM MQ RFHUtil/Load/Unload Utilities, XML Spy, SoapUI, ect.
• Relational Database experience in at least one of the following: Oracle, DB2, MSSQL Server
Additional (Optional) Skills include:
• Working knowledge of application server environments (i.e. Websphere)
• IDE Experience (i.e. Eclipse, RAD)
• Experience working with API management tools, API documentation, and overall API development life cycle (i.e. APIM, YAML, RAML)
• Working with teams using source code repositories (SVN)
• Office Tool (Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio)
• Understanding of Financial Applications