Trinity is in search of an experienced Estimator who can effectively produce accurate estimates for a variety of projects in the hospitality, retail and corporate markets. Trinity Estimators are responsible for evaluating drawings and bid specifications in order to determine project requirements and estimate costs, and for ensuring consistency with company and department objectives and achieving profitability based on company requirements. We are seeking a candidate who is thorough, efficient, creative and above all, passionate about providing excellent client service.
- Assist in building, growing and maintaining any business relationships vital to the success of a project; work collaboratively with outside parties/design team to achieve client goals.
- Review all project documents thoroughly to determine the scope of work and items required to compile an estimate, and to ensure the documents accurately reflect agreements made with the Client, Architect and Engineer.
- Work with Project Management to develop a comprehensive understanding of the project and establish a project strategy.
- Collaborate with executive team and Project Management in the up-front setup of projects to ensure profitability and client satisfaction.
- Identify and assess areas of profitability, constructionrisks and constructability issues, and value-engineering alternatives.
- Conduct site visits to assess/analyze site conditions and to determine how subcontractor pricing may be affected.
- Seek and identify new subcontractors and vendors to further enhance our core subcontractor list in all states; assist with prequalification of subcontractors to ensure compliance with Trinity and project requirements.
- Create bid lists that fit the scope and complexity of the project, ensuring that we have the best subcontractors for the job and adequate coverage for each trade.
- Effectively communicate project requirements to subcontractors, suppliers and vendors; review quotes for accuracy and scope.
- Compile and calculate statistical data (estimates, take-offs, material pricing, subcontractor and labor costs, etc.) required to provide job costs.
- Prepare multiple budgets for all phases of the estimate (conceptual, schematic, design/development, final) and provide thorough reconciliation.
- 5-8years commercial construction estimating experience, preferably in the hospitality, retail or corporate sectors
- Strong communication, organizational and computer skills
- Flexibility for some travel is required