The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- Thoroughly understand the principles of estimating. Understand the relationships between the project controls functions—estimating, planning/scheduling, and cost control.
- Actively review and understand key aspects of the request for proposal or project contract. Implement estimating methods that support the requirements.
- Develop estimates in the accuracy and level of detail required for the intended purpose of the estimate.
- Assist in developing a comprehensive and thoroughly documented estimating basis for all estimates.
- Verify quantity take-offs for a particular discipline.
- Develop conceptual and definitive estimates for a particular discipline for projects within a specific business group that are aligned with company standards and estimate class. Use the project scope, material take-offs, and client requirements to develop the project estimate.
- Review the project estimate, project breakdown framework, and project schedule.
- Work with lead staff to estimate cost impacts of proposed design or construction changes.
- Support the estimating team in maintaining and trending historical cost data from actual hours, costs, and pricing.
- Assist is Implementing, maintaining, and administering the Change Management System
- Assist in the preparation of change orders in coordination with project members, consultants and other stakeholders.
Assist in the preparation of projects budget
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, project management, or related technical field. Experience in lieu of degree is acceptable.
- 5-10 years of progressive experience with increasing responsibility.
- Active membership in AACE, PMI, or similar association.
- P.Eng. is a plus