The San Diego County Regional Airport Authority is proud of its team members, we have a high performing culture and challenge ourselves through innovation...we work fast, value each other and have fun along the way.
The Airport Design & Construction Department (ADC) is searching for an organized individual with demonstrated experience, strong interpersonal communication skills, and analytical competencies for an Estimator role. ADC expects to implement the Authority’s Airport Development Plan, which is expected to include the design and construction of terminal, airside and landside improvements, and is responsible for the definition, planning, design, construction and close-out of Capital Improvement Program (CIP) and Major Maintenance Program (MMP) projects. ADC projects are implemented using a variety of delivery methods, including design-build and design-bid- build.
The position will provide cost estimates with primary emphasis on budget and conceptual costs, evaluation of contractor cost proposals, and analysis of contractor cost data. Representative duties include, but are not limited to:
- Produces conceptual cost estimates from conceptual plans and specifications, descriptive narratives and other drawings, specifications, and sketches.
- Reviews contractor cost proposals by analyzing cost information, production rates, equipment and labor cost data from contract requirements, proposed and actual construction materials, means and methods, and other various sources including coordinating with the project management and construction team.
- Monitors, reviews, and facilitates the timely, fair, and reasonable resolution of contractor cost proposals.
- Prepares detailed take-off estimates with documentation of estimate logic and methods using detailed knowledge of specialized estimating and construction software and other tools.
- Oversees the work of consultant cost estimators as necessary.
- Trains, mentors and develops junior estimating staff.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Process Knowledge - Proficiently analyzes and estimates projects, documents, monitors processes and develops framework for implementation and improvement.
- Interpersonal Ability - Proficiently communicates clearly, interprets, establishes and clarifies ideas and expectations and engages others, collaborates with stakeholders and effectively exchanges information verbally, digitally and in written format, facilitates and persuades.
- Critical Thinking Skills - Critically reviews and translates business requirements, data and information to specify solutions or alternative practices in support of business objectives and strategies.
- Problem-Solving/Agility Skills - Analyzes situation or factors and collaboratively generates alternatives or solutions, readily adapts behavior or new work methods to evolving and unexpected situations.
- Relationship Skills - Collaborates and facilitates relations with stakeholders, identifies and relates information, ideas and resolves problems, champions initiatives and ideas.
- Leveraging Technology - Effective use of electronic information and associated systems.
- Graduation from a four-year college or university in engineering, architecture, construction management or a closely related field; and
- Seven years of design-bid-build and design-build project cost estimating experience;
- Or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Additional desirable qualifications:
- Active professional-level certification as a Certified Cost Professional, Certified Estimating Professional, or Earned Value Professional from American Association of Cost Engineers (AACE) International is highly desirable; or
- Active professional-level certification as a Certified Professional Estimator with American Society of Professional Estimators (ASPE).
Depending on experience, hiring reward is up to $102,863.