Prepares take-off and call work for construction projects to assist in developing bids, and assists in the buy-out process.
Primary/Essential Responsibilities and Duties
• Analyzes blueprints and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates.
• Reads and interprets contract documents relating to the assigned specific divisions.
• Solicits subcontractor/vendor pricing information.
• Analyzes and evaluates bids from subcontractors for their completeness and accuracy in scope of work.
• Prepares accurate quantity surveys and take-offs.
• Reviews estimate/sub quote files to gain information for current bids.
• Prepares spreadsheets and coordinates with estimating staff for bid day
• Prepares cost and expenditure statements and other necessary documentation at regular intervals for the duration of the project.
• Assesses cost effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops.
• Logs and files bid documentation after bid day for estimate/sub quote file.
• A minimum of 3-5 years of construction estimating experience.
• Knowledge of plan reading and interpretation
• Proficiency in reviewing contract documents.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities, and meet deadlines.
• Generally works indoors, with some onsite/outdoor work.
• Frequently sits, stands, walks, reads, writes and uses a computer keyboard.
• May be exposed to harsh weather conditions including very hot and very cold weather.
• May be exposed to loud noise.
REQUISITION NUMBER: 20180309-51501-001