The Project Manager/Estimator is responsible for accurately projecting the amount of materials, equipment, and man hours that must be utilized in order to complete a given project. Direct and coordinate planning, organization control, integration and completion of a construction project within a local company. Also designs changes and specs of the project. Will have responsibility for more than one project at a time.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Travel to potential sites to evaluate existing conditions and meet with site owners and/or owner’s representatives.
- Bid on a competitive basis and submit quotes to primes.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with owner, contractors, and engineers.
- Track and adjust quantities through all phases of each project.
- Prepare estimates, proposals, sealed bids, and sub contracts.
- Generate various reports required by immediate supervisor.
- Plan, organize and staff key field positions through regional department heads.
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policy
- Initiate and maintain liaison with prime client and Architectural and Engineering contacts, to facilitate construction activities.
- Monitor/control construction through administrative direction of on-site Superintendent to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget; investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures.
- Represent company in project meetings; assist in strategy meetings, etc.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts (fee payment, rental equipment, income/expenses, etc.) to protect company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with client.
- Assume additional responsibilities as directed by corporate executives.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management or related field or equivalent in training and experience.
- Regular work attendance is a requirement for this position
- Minimum of 3 years experience in construction, design, finance, and management required
- Ability to apply innovation and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance.
- High ethical standards.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to work with suppliers.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks effectively with a focus on timeliness and responsiveness.
- Ability to deal with the public in a pleasant, courteous, and calm manner in all circumstances.
- Ability to work under pressure and be multi-task oriented.
- Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards and their impact on project activities.
- Superior communication and interpersonal (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.) skills essential.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Requires the following motions on occasion: bending, kneeling, squatting, climbing, reaching, fine motor, repetitive motion.
- Requires the following motions frequently: standing, walking, sitting
- Requires the following lifting:
- 0-10 lbs – occasionally
- 10-25 – occasionally
- 25-50 – occasionally
- 50-100 - occasionally
- This position will be based out of a division, branch, or project office
- May require exposure to extremetemperatures, both hot and cold
- Will require exposure to dust and dirt
Job ID: 122811