New York, NY
Industry: Business Services•
5 - 7 years
Posted 34 days ago
Since our founding in 1910, Cauldwell Wingate has been a part of the evolution of New York, developing and building millions of square feet of base buildings and interiors. With our operations firmly focused on New York City construction, we are experts in all of the nuances of building in the "Capital of the World," and our company is built on a century of experience here.
WHAT YOU NEED FOR THIS POSITION
• 5+ years of experience in Estimating in the construction industry
• Bachelor's Degree (four year college or technical school)
• Ability to communicate effectively with others written and orally
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, advanced proficiency in MS Excel
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS POSITION
• Prepare full general conditions estimates and analysis on a cash flow basis with provided CM staffing levels and schedule.
• Experience conducting GC lump sum bids from RFP through bid award.
• Prepare construction cost estimates with quantity take-offs and unit pricing.
• Evaluate and level subcontractor bid proposals.
• Prepare scope documents per trade and include scope and project specific information.
• Conduct site walk-throughs and site evaluations for existing conditions scope and qualifications.
• Manage subcontractor relationship for specific bids and projects.
• Assist contractors to confirm scope by reviewing plans and specifications.
• Conduct interviews with subcontractors as part of project leveling and scoping.
• Contact manufacturers to confirm product specification clarity prior to advising PM team for RFI.
• Manage scope documents and riders during leveling and procurement.
• Prepare recommendation packages for review, approval and submission.
GREAT REASONS TO WORK WITH US
• Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
• Company sponsored Life Insurance, Short Term Disability & Long Term Disability Insurance
• 401(k) company match/contribution program
• Tuition Assistance
• Medical Leave