Estimator- Luxury / Specialty Retail
5 - 7 years experience • Construction
At Shawmut, our primary objective is to deliver exceptional service catered to our clients’ specific goals and concerns. Our project teams deliver top quality work through a hands-on, collaborative process while keeping our clients’ best interests our absolute focus at all times. With specialized training and the support of a national company, we foster project teams whose skill and dedication leads to the deliberate, predictable and repeatable constructionexperiences that have attracted and retained the top clients in every market in which we focus. The most memorable constructionexperiences are based on one principle—it’s the people who make the difference. And at Shawmut, we have the very best.
We seek Estimators that stand above and beyond their peers and can appreciate the exquisite quality of the process and great end product.
- Communicating directly with clients on challenging high profile projects and providing recommendations in the best interest of the client.
- Maintaining a full and current understanding of project drawings and plans.
- Obtaining the best subcontractors, preparing and presenting bids, and driving the pace of the project.
- Developing and executing preconstruction milestones on the project schedule.
- Ensuring that your knowledge of the project and its requirements are effectively communicated to subcontractors and included in the scope of their quote.
- Collaborating with the Project Management Team and Purchasing in set up of projects to insure profitability, client satisfaction and the best subs for the job.
- Ensuring a schedule is in place during project set up and sub-bidding that reflects that project strategy and is sufficient to estimate from and to purchase subcontractors with.
- Maintaining and developing relationships to reinforce a commitment to world class customer service across the board (including co-workers, clients, subcontractors, vendors, and the design community.)
- Exceeding client expectations through an unwavering commitment to client satisfaction, accurate estimates, constructive and effective communication and an attention to detail that result in top notch project outcomes.
- Serving as a coach and mentor to Assistant Estimators
- 5+ years of experience in construction estimating or a related field (preferably in commercial construction.)
- The ideal candidate will have proven experience working in a fast-paced, energetic environment while producing detailed, accurate estimates on multiple and varied projects.
- Timberline (Precision Estimating) experience is a plus.
- Flexibility for some travel is needed