Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do...
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you’ve come to the right place!
Since 1922, Granite Construction has continued its long standing commitment to building some of America’s largest infrastructure projects including highways, bridges, dams, rail, and power. Recognized as one of the top 25 largest construction companies in the U.S., Granite specializes in complex infrastructure projects and provides award-winning construction services in mining, earthwork, water/sewer, power, tunneling, rail, highway and bridge construction. Granite also produces construction materials-sand, gravel, ready-mix, recycled asphalt product and asphalt concrete, and is a proven leader in alternative procurement project delivery.
This position is responsible for developing accurate and timely proposals and estimates for both private and public sector works projects to ensure Granite is a responsive bidder.
Essential Job Accountabilities
1. Comprehend and administer a safety program that provides for a safe work environment that meets or exceeds Granite’s Annual Incident Goal, and foster a culture that expects participation at all levels
2. Create and promote, in his/her organization, the ability to recognize and understand the appropriate environmental policies, rules, and the potential adverse effects to the environment due to operations, and take steps necessary to comply with policy/rules, and mitigate the effects of operations
3. Create and/or foster a quality culture that recognizes the effect of quality on all operations, and takes steps necessary to provide a product or service that is a source of pride for our workers, and pleasing to our customers
4. Analyze and compile estimate data that impact the cost of labor, materials, equipment requirements, location and other factors to ensure a high quality and timely estimate.
5. Review drawings, specifications and proposed project site conditions; record findings and solicit input from field operations to include in final project estimate.
6. Analyze alternative solutions and construction methods to increase competitiveness of the bid.
7. Review “take-off” quantities to ensure accuracy of data used in estimates.
8. Utilize existing cost history as a check to complete estimate.
9. Apply mathematical calculations requiring advanced analytical processes to ensure logically estimated costs are accurate.
10. Analyze and evaluate bidding risks, strategies and present estimate and participate in bid reviews with senior management to ensure accuracy and completeness.
11. Analyze competition and communicate with owners, subcontractors, public and private entities to ensure competitiveness.
12. Communicate estimate bid information to field operations at pre-construction meetings to ensure understanding of scope of job and critical means and methods of construction.
13. Develop and maintain business relationships to increase bid opportunities in the regional market.
At Granite, our employees are our most valued asset and we are passionate about retaining, developing, and recruiting the best talent available. Our employees reflect our core values: Honesty, Integrity, Fairness, Accountability, Consideration of Others, Pursuit of Excellence, Reliability Safety and Citizenship and we are continuously looking for individuals who possess a winning attitude and share our Core Values. In exchange, we help you build a career that no other company can duplicate. You will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued. Add our award winning safety program, ethics, reputation, and a commitment to continuous improvement and you’ll see that we are building more than infrastructure—together, we are building your future.
About Granite Construction Incorporated
Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the S&P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company, one of the nation's largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers. Granite Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and a Drug-Free Workplace. For additional information on applicant/employee rights please click here.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Business Administration, or equivalent related work experience.
• 7+ years of construction estimating support, engineering, field support, or similar experience.
• 4+ years estimating experience
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
• Proficiency with all MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), AGTEK Take-off and Primavera Scheduling software.
• Advanced knowledge of Estimating software.
• Advanced knowledge of civil engineering principles
• Advanced knowledge of construction principles
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Advanced knowledge of agency (U)DBE requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Subject to outside working conditions. At times will be working around large construction equipment, must be safety conscience.
Notice to Staffing Agencies
Granite Construction, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Granite") will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Granite, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Granite mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Granite employees, or to Granite's resume database will be considered Granite property. Granite will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Granite will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Granite's recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening. Granite will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place. Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Granite's Human Resources Representative or his/ her designee. No other Granite employee is authorized to bind Granite to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies.