Not Specified years
Posted 235 days ago
We need a candidate with mechanical construction estimating experience.
Position Title Estimator - HVAC Sheet Metal Fabrication
Location Nashville TN
Responsible for all phases of the estimating and bidding process including preconstruction services and performing estimate takeoffs. Thorough knowledge of the mechanicalconstruction bidding processes is required. Specific expertise with Ductwork systems serving a full range of commercial and institutional facilities (including black iron and stainless exhaust duct).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: -- Bid document review, pre-bid meetings, client interface, quantity takeoff, material, equipment ricing, spreadsheet input and proposal preparation. Estimates will be prepared using Trimble MEP/Autobid estimating software. Experience with Trimble or QuickPen software is desired. Duties also include on site and/or In-house estimating where candidatewill work with professionals smaller projects using blue print takeoffs, plasma machine output data, or labor factors to calculate pricing..
PREFERRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: -- Prefer a minimum of 3 to 5years Mechanical Construction experience and proficiency in the preparation of large and complex bid proposals of all types.
COMPUTER SKILLS: -- Proficiency in: MS Word, MS Excel, , Internet, sheet metal estimating systems.
REQUIRED ATTRIBUTES: -- The requirements listed below are representative of characteristics and demonstrated capabilities sought to perform this job successfully.
* Must possess excellent written and verbal communications skills.
* Maintains a professional manner in actions and appearance when representing H&M.
* Must prioritize in a fast paced multi-task environment.
* Must have demonstrated ability to perform basic business mathematical functions.
* Must work with minimal supervision.
* Must effectively manage time and details.
* Must interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
* Must have organizational skills in handling & archiving technical data.
* Must comply with all operating policies, procedures, plans, and programs.
* Must have the demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, cooperate, and collaborate with multiple levels of employees, clients, vendors, and suppliers.