15+ years experience • Construction
Our client is a stable, privately held company with a presence throughout Texas. Due to growth, they are looking to hire a Senior Estimator to replace a valued retiring member of their staff. In this role you will estimate number projects for numerous customers using RSMeans and the Gordian Price Books, You must be a leader and a self-starter who is experienced in Job Order Contracting and Unit Price Estimating. In this role, you will provide detailed Estimates, you will be the senior person on the team and you must be comfortable with estimating each piece and part and estimating up to the complete project.
In this role, you will work closely with Construction Project Managers, Superintendents, other Estimators, and Support Staff to determine construction-related costs of new projects and enhancements to existing projects.
- Provide detailed and accurate estimates
- Participate in RFI and RFP process
- Prepare, write, and submit estimates for proposal
- Lite travel to job sites
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Strong Excel
- Experience in Unit Price Estimating is required
- Experience with RS Means and Gordian price books is required
- Job Order Contracting is required
- Attention to detail
- Experience in the construction industry, ideally estimating commercial renovations ideally in the public sector or specifically with the city, county, and schools is a plus
- 15 + years of experience is required
- Relocation is available for the candidate with ideal experience.