- To provide preconstruction and estimating services to clients.
- Assist the project team in ancillary issues such as life cycle cost assessments and operational pros and cons.
- Assist the project team in design decisions and assist the project design team in development of appropriate systems solutions.
- Assist in coordinating bid efforts, processing RFI’s and interfacing between bidding community and design team members on negotiated projects.
- Assist the Marketing Department in preparation of responses to RFP’s and RFQ’s.
- Represent CWD to all subcontractors through management of the estimating process to include solicitation of bids/budget requests, evaluation of responses and reconciliation to budget, value engineering and constructability input.
- Consults with clients, architects, subcontractors and material suppliers to discuss and formulate estimates, reduce costs and resolve potential issues.
- Establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships with all (client, architect, subcontractors, project team, various CWD departments).
- Promote CWD “Values” with client, architect and subcontractors. Maintains highest standards of ethics and integrity.
- Ensure that all personnel and company policies are administered in a fair and consistent manner.
- Mentor, coach and train as necessary to ensure that subordinates achieve their career objectives.
- Participate in interview rehearsals and presentations.
- Negotiate with owners and subcontractors.
- Perform detailed quantity surveys and prepare take-offs and estimates of costs of material, labor and equipment needed to fulfill all contract provisions.
- Prepare preliminary schedule for assigned projects.
- Assist in preparing comprehensive bid forms, bid packages, scope sheets and subcontractor comparison sheets. Ensures that subcontractors are prequalified to have the experience and financial capabilities to perform on the project.
- Assist in preparing the scope definition and Inclusion/Exclusion lists for all trades on a project.
- Assist in preparing the Bid Book.
- Provide value engineering assessment of alternative design solutions including initial cost, schedule implications and constructability issues.
- Reviews design documents for information required to get accurate pricing from subcontractors and
- Generates value engineering ideas and prepares lifecycle costing.
- Perform project transition duties from Estimating to Operations.
- Assist in the final scoping, award and buyout of all trades on hard-bid and negotiated projects.
- Four-yeardegree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture or equivalent experience in a related field.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of appropriate project estimating experience.
- Proficiency in basic computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Advanced proficiency in Bluebeam and Onscreen Takeoff applications.
- Knowledge and understanding of construction delivery systems and the construction administration processes.
- Knowledge and understanding of technical aspects of construction including means and methods, materials, building systems, planning and scheduling.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage. Understands the importance of relationship building.
- Demonstrated understanding of lump-sum, GMP and negotiated estimates
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Well developed and proven negotiation skills.
- Effective time management and organization skills.