Immediate opening. Any interest in an immediate interview?
Are you ready for your next career challenge? Would you like to be part of an operations team that physically helps build the landscape of our nation? If your answer is "Yes!" then this could be for you!
We have been retained by a top infrastructure company to find the best and brightest Estimator/Cost Engineer in the San Mateo, CA area. You will love the location, the people, the company, the work, the cost of living, the compensation and the quality of life.
Is this you??? – Estimator/Cost Engineer
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field from an accredited institution and 3+ years construction engineering experience
- Or 6 years construction engineering related experience if no degree in a related field
- Experience in resource monitoring techniques (i.e. cost accounting, cost analysis, scheduling, basic estimating) is required
- Report writing preferred
Estimator/Cost Engineer Summary
As an Estimator/Cost Engineer, you will have the opportunity to provide project engineering and cost control support to the project & construction management team. You contribute to the successful completion of the Company Project in San Mateo, CA. You will perform tasks related to the collection of cost data required to monitor project budget and estimates.
- Work with Project Management to improve cost reporting, cost controls and forecasting
- Submit Monthly Pay Estimate and Subcontract Pay Vouchers
- Track quantities (material/labor) for payment and cost purposes
- Code daily labor, purchase orders, subcontractor invoices, costs, quantities, actual expenditures, etc. for tracking in cost system
- Calculate material/work quantity requirements (takeoffs); monitor progress, percentage complete per work item
- Create or assist in weekly meeting agenda and deliver, MPR, QF Reports, and Project Cash Flow
- Update and maintain project Baseline & Weekly schedules
- Maintain documentation to support the company's position for claims resolution
- Manage subcontract administration and permanent material supplier through monitoring of correspondence, issue change orders and pay sheet
- Manage extra work process, change orders and claims management
- Attend weekly crew safety meeting and monthly mass safety meeting
- Develop good working relationship with owners, subcontractors and field personnel
- Maintains knowledge of Flatiron's company values and strategic plan
- Support published corporate policies
- Perform additional assignments per management's direction
Permanent U.S. work authorization required; current and/or future sponsorship is not available.