ATSS Group has an Engineering client who is currently seeking an Estimator for a direct position in their Cincinnati location.
This person must be a flexible, detail oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, while providing quality work, within the deadlines required. The Estimator will work primarily on industrial type projects within the firm?s Core Markets. He/She will work closely with Architects, Engineers, Project Managers, Clients, Vendors, and Subcontractors.
- 2 to 7years of experience as a Commercial/Industrial Construction Estimator, preferably within the firm?s Core Markets
- Must have experience preparing various estimates from conceptual cost estimates developed from schematic or feasibility level documentation; to detailed budget grade estimates throughout the various trades
- Ability to prepare a detailed cost estimate comparison on updates to the design as it evolves, including preparing variance summaries between funding gate estimates
- Must have a good understanding of the basis of unit cost development, such as city labor rate indexes, commodity pricing differences, and the various factors that affect construction installation costs, labor productivity issues, union vs. non-union.
- Ability to prepare for, and often lead the presentation of his/her cost estimate and basis of estimate information to the Client
- Willingness and desire to actively participate in Value Engineering sessions with the project design and management team
- Experience as a member of a team involved in Request for Proposal Responses (RFP?s), and the formal presentation of the proposal
- Continuous involvement in the development of client relationships within core businesses with both new and existing Clients
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to identify and resolve complex issues with minimal supervision
- Effective participation within a team environment
- Degree in construction management or building construction or a combination of similar education and experience
- Experienced user level of Microsoft office software (word, power point, excel, projects, outlook).
- Experience with scheduling software such as Primavera and Microsoft Project would be a plus.
- The ability to go on job sites
- An understanding of and the commitment to both office and industrial site safety requirements
- Self starters with the ability to adapt to change and a strong work ethic
- Bachelor?s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or a Business degree with comparable experience
- OSHA10 or 30 a plus
- ASPE or AACE certifications a plus
- Experience with Timberline Cost Estimating and the various databases available for this software, as well as the reporting capabilities.
- Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Leave, Paid Holidays, Group Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Employer Paid Short Term/Long Term Disability with voluntary buy-up options
- Employer Paid Term Life Insurance and AD&D with voluntary buy-up options
- 401(k), Flexible Spending Accounts (Section 125)