The estimator within this project is responsible for completing all facets of an estimate, i.e. taking quantities, cost estimates, analysis of the equipment offered and the documents provided by subcontractors and suppliers and this in the purpose of a presentation and review of the estimate.
What will be your contribution to the team ?
- Review project design plans and specifications to determine the scope of work.
- Collaborate in the development of the structure of the estimate;
- Based on the proposal, plans, estimates and specifications, prepare the costs of materials, labor and equipment necessary to complete the construction project;
- Calculate quantities, identify inherent risks and opportunities;
- Prepare final work estimate summaries and verify the completeness and accuracy of the estimate;
- Prepare, in coordination with the procurement department and engineers, tender documents for subcontractors and suppliers. ;
- Solicit information from subcontractors and suppliers;
- Help plan and schedule the project;
- Provide, following an analysis, recommendations concerning subcontractors and suppliers;
- Communicate with engineers, architects, owners, contractors and sub-contractors to prepare cost-effective feasibility studies for changes and adjustments to cost estimates;
- Perform all other related related to the position.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor's degree or college diploma in civil engineering or college training in estimation or the equivalent by combining studies and relevant work experience.
- 10+ years of experience estimating large-scale construction projects (during design and implementation) in areas associated with infrastructure (architecture, civil, structure, mechanical, electrical, telecommunications, automation, etc.)
- Experience as a senior estimator for large-scale construction projects ($ 50M and more)
- Experience in metro infrastructure and equipment is an asset
- Good knowledge of MS Office.
- Knowledge of Heavy Bid or Bid 2 Win estimation software, an asset.
- English (spoken and written) an asset.