Essential Job Accountabilities
- Ability to understand various scopes of work based on project plans and specifications.
- Analyze and compile estimate data that affect the cost of labor, materials, equipment requirements, location and other factors to ensure a high quality and timely estimate.
- Evaluate bidding risks and strategies, present estimate and participate in bid reviews with the estimating team to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Conduct drawing reviews, specifications, and proposed project site conditions; record findings and solicit input from field operations to include in final project estimate.
- Review “take-off” quantities to ensure accuracy of data used in estimates.
- Review and evaluate bid risks and review with management to ensure accuracy.
- Attend pre-construction meetings to ensure bid communication with the field operations is delivered.
- Develop and maintain business relationships to increase bid opportunities & bid advantages.
- Work in alignment with Graniterock’s Safe Work Practices, Core Purpose, Values and Objectives and support "One Company" principles.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Business Administration, or equivalent related work experience.
- 7+ years of construction estimating support, engineering, field support, or similar experience.
- 4+ years estimating experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficiency with all MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), AGTEK Take-off, and Primavera.
- Advanced knowledge of Estimating software, preferably HeavyBid.
- Advanced knowledge of civil engineering principles
- Advanced knowledge of construction principles
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize & meet , work as a team member, and must be able to display excellent written and communication skills.