Puyallup, WA 98372
At Absher, we care about people, and each of our successes is a result of a team effort. Project Management, Estimators, Safety Officers, IT Technicians, Carpenters, Laborers, Virtual Construction Specialists and Administrative staff all collaborate and contribute.
We build our team by looking for talented people who do things right and do right things.
Summary: The Estimator will take the lead on putting together budgets and bids for a specific section of work. Theideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience with Bid/Build and Design/Build projects and task orders ranging from $1M to $15M.
- Assist in all preconstruction efforts which include quantity take off, constructability reviews, value engineering, bid package development and subcontractor coordination.
- Develop submittal requirements log/listing and direct subcontractors to make revisions/corrections to submittals.
- Provide conceptual, hard bid and final estimating details on complex projects.
- Ensure all working documents and data are maintained.
- Assist project team during the pre-construction phase.
- Assist proposal and marketing during project acquisition.
- Write and manage subcontract agreements and purchase orders.
- Generate RFI’s and maintain the flow of information.
- Review and verity job cost status reports and create daily reports.
- Ensure that project close-out procedures and archival are followed per project specs.
- Show drawing review.
- Able to “buy-out” projects post bid to include writing subcontracts and PO’s.
- BA in Construction Management, Engineering or related field.
- 5-7 years of estimating and/or pre-construction experience.
- Knowledge with Timberline Estimating Software and On-Screen take-off.
- DBIA and LEED AP certifications are preferred.
- Understanding of the construction industry.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including reading, writing, understanding and communicating clearly, effectively and professionally.
- Performs appropriate math, including statistics, analysis and significant data or number manipulation.
- Ability to read drawings and specifications.
- Functions effectively as part of a team.
- Dependable and ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to understand and follow directions.
- Good time management skills and organizational skills. Meets or exceed specific deadlines, project schedules or other requirements.
- Takes initiative. Makes professional, educated and sensible decisions.
- Can effectively develop, maintain and communicate schedules.
- Life Insurance & AD&D
- Long Term/Short Term Disability
- Vacation/Sick/Holiday Pay
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Educational Assistance
- Absher University
- 401(k) Profit-Sharing