At Weston Solutions, Inc. you will do meaningful work and make valuable contributions.
Employee-ownership at Weston is a path to professional growth and access to diverse opportunities in a highly connected community that works together across key service areas to make a difference in the environment. Weston continues to evolve and adapt to our changing world as a premier provider of environmental and infrastructure services for over sixty years. In both the public and private sectors our teams help identify, solve, mitigate, and manage critical environmental issues to help clients achieve a more sustainable future.
The Estimator oversees the preparation and complete order of magnitude, conceptual, budget, preliminary engineering and detailed cost estimates for projects.
- Prepare and ensure the timely completion of all estimates assigned to by the estimating department.
- Ensure the technical accuracy of all cost estimates prepared by the estimating department.
- Maintain files of current estimates, unit price information, supplies quotations for costs of construction materials, and market conditions.
- Contact suppliers and vendors for current prices and delivery.
- Collect information from, other departments on any items pertinent to the development of complete estimates.
- Evaluate construction bids for completeness and accuracy and makes recommendations to responsible parties for the award of construction contracts.
- Review existing facilities to determine present worth and reports same to title holders.
- Serve as Value Engineering Team Estimator.
- Ensure completion of estimates within time and dollar constraints assigned.
- Provides supervision and training for other less experienced staff estimators.
- Review all available client bidding documents to become familiar with all commercial and technical requirements before preparing the estimate.
- Provide cost consultation to clients, project managers, and engineers. Prepare, or assist in the evaluation of, contractor quotations and change orders.
- Provide assistance within and outside the department on items such as value engineering, construction planning, materials selection, and construction sequencing.
- Provide training for and evaluate skills of other staff estimators.
- Determine and assign appropriate contingencies and "add-ons" for construction cost estimates.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience, plus minimum 10 to 12 years related experience.
- C.E., or M.E., desirable, but not required.
- Certifications Required - P.E. not necessary but desirable. Certified Cost Engineer or Certified Construction Estimator, not necessary but desirable.
- Needed Prior Experience – Federal and commercial construction estimating with necessary construction experience. Knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems and structures. Additional experience should include drafting, design and contract administration.
- Must be highly motivated
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of mathematics
- Strong knowledge of construction materials and methods.
We fully invest in our people: Weston provides a generous, comprehensive benefits package program that offers employees high value options with solid financial protection, meeting the personal needs of its people and their families.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with base and matching employer stock contributions.
- Paid time off including personal, holiday and parental leave.
- Life and disability plans.
- Critical illness and accident plans.
- Work/Life flexibility.
- Professional development opportunities.