The Estimating Executive has overall responsibility for all aspects of the estimating needs for multiple projects. Senior Estimator and specialty estimators may report to Estimating Executive for specific projects.
• Visualize, analyze and communicate project scope of work
• Coordinate and execute tasks of estimating personnel assigned to a specific estimate.
• Monitor and follow up on staff's assigned duties.
• Coordinate cost/means and methods with Client and design team and prepare preliminary cost estimates/budgets.
• Work with Design Team to reconcile cost estimates
• Analyze General Condition costs to determine company overhead
• Manage Value Engineering Process
• Provide input for Fee Proposals
• Prepare all Indirect Costs
• Review and coordinate project-specific insurance requirements
• Prepare General Conditions/Site Services Costs
• Understands all disciplines in estimating
• Leads staff to assure accuracy in estimating process, procedures and review requirements are met
• Delivers and presents estimates to clients during BD process
• Ability to sell company's strengths and experience
• Ability to preserve/reconcile all aspects of the estimate presentation while in front of a group/with client
• Bachelor in Engineering
• 10-15 years relevant experience
• Federal (US Department of Defense) experience preferred
• Or equivalent combination of education and experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Able to estimate all types of building projects, including residential high rise, healthcare, interiors and institutional
• Knowledge of suitable contractors and suppliers for all types of projects
• Familiar with both union and merit shop contractors
• Knowledge of typical pricing for project types above; for both union and merit shop projects
• Able to take concept and schematic drawings and develop a meaningful estimate with detail
• Familiar with the use of On-Screen Take-off software program
Gilbane offers an excellent total compensation package which includes competitive health and welfare benefits and a generous profit-sharing/401k plan. We invest in our employees' education and have built Gilbane University into a top training organization in the construction industry. Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
Gilbane is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability status.
$80K - $100K