As a subject matter expert in the areas of Estate Planning, Family Wealth Transfer Planning and Legacy Planning, you are the main contact for estate planning discussions with Fidelity's Personal Investing and Workplace Investing HNW customers. You will cover Investor Centers in the greater Phoenix and Los Angeles area. You should expect frequent travel to investor centers throughout this region.
The Estate Planning Specialist (EPS) is the primary resource for trust and estate planning guidance and services at Fidelity Investments. The EPS partners withFidelity's Financial Consultants providing estate planning guidance and education toFidelity's High Net Worth (HNW) customers. For example, the EPS, via in-person and phone consultations, will help customers: (1) identify their estate planning goals and objectives (2) better understand their existing estate planning documents and (3) ascertain appropriate next steps. The EPS will also help to develop and support relationships with local estate planning attorneys that clients may choose to workwith in developing their plan.
The guidance and education that an EPS provides Fidelity's HNW customers compliments the financial and wealth planning services that Fidelity offers. The EPS's services enhance a customer's relationship with Fidelity by affording HNW customers the opportunity to have deeper and more robust financial and wealth planning experiences at Fidelity.
The Expertise You Have
- College Degree
- JD, CFP and/or CPA preferred
- 7 to 10 years estate planning and trust law experience, preferably at a law firm, trust company or wealth management firm
- Expertise in estate planning; family wealth transfer planning; wills/trusts; and trust and estate taxation required
- Working knowledge of retirement and financial planning. investments planning, insurance planning, and financial services and products financial services required.
- Ability to achieve interaction goals in an assigned territory with minimal supervision from management.
- Exceptional emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills
- Proven strong customer orientation.
- Ease in working with all levels in a large organization
- FINRA Series 7 and 66 obtained within 90-days of employment
The Skills You Bring
- Your strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Your excellent customer service and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Your strong presentation skills and ability to relay complex information understandably
- Your ability to adapt easily to a constantly changing environment, juggle multipletasks and prioritize work to maintain efficiency
- Your ability to take initiative and work independently
- Your ability to think strategically and tactically
- Your creative problem resolution skills
- Your strong team orientation and ability to function as a team player
- Your consistent trend of meeting and exceeding targeted business metrics
- Your demonstration of strong leadership skills and mentoring, training and serving as resource across Fidelity's many business units
- Your ability to travel to meet the requirements of the role
The Value You Deliver
- Help Fidelity's customers gain a better understanding of their estate planning goals and objectives, empowering them to take appropriate next steps, and ultimately helping them to achieve better outcomes and peace of mind with respect to their wealth transfer goals.
- Facilitate and deliver seminars for Fidelity's HNW customers, including estate planning, trust planning and related seminars
- Coach and train both new and existing Financial Consultants on trust and estate planning concepts, and on consultative selling skills to secure client engagements
- Collaborate with Fidelity's Estate Planning and Trust Product Teams to understand changing client needs, products and services necessary to drive future success.
- Train Financial Consultants on new estate planning and trust products as they are brought to market
- Cultivate relationships with estate planning attorneys in the territory to support Fidelity's Attorney Access Program
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. For information about working at Fidelity,