Mercer Advisors is a fee-only, independent RIA whose purpose is helping our clients achieve Economic Freedom. Established in 1985 as one of the nation's first fee-only financial planning firms, we have a rich legacy of operating exclusively as a fiduciary. Unique to many RIAs we offer a full-suite of services all in house for our clients including investment management, financial planning, estate planning (in-house law firm), tax planning and preparation (on staff CPAs) and trustee services. With over $11 billion in assets and 8,000 clients we are growing rapidly through both organic and inorganic growth (11 acquisitions in last two years). We are looking for talented, motivated people like you who can add to the growth of our business and culture.
Mercer Advisors is looking for an in-house Estate Planning Attorney to join our Estate Planning team. The position is perfect for someone who has a real passion for clients and estate planning, but wants to get away from the typical law firm environment of billable hours.
The Estate Planning team is part of our Family Wealth Services group, which is a dynamic team environment consisting of legal and tax professionals dedicated to providing and implementing estate and income tax strategies for our high new worth clients.
Essential Job Functions for the Estate Planning Attorney will include:
- Meeting with clients to design, fund, and maintain estate plans
- Drafting of estate plan documents, including trusts, wills, powers of attorney, healthcare directed, and funding related documents
- Reviewing and summarizing exiting estate planning documents, including making the appropriate recommendations regarding changes and additions, such as changes in law and family circumstances
- Answering estate planning questions from clients and advisor teams
- Serving as an in-house resource in estate planning to Wealth Management teams nationwide
- Remaining current with related estate, trust, and tax legislation nationwide
- Performing other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to convey complex estate planning topics to clients
- 1+ years legal experience in estate planning preferred
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Juris Doctor (JD)
- Licensed to practice law in at least one state
- LLM preferred, but not required
Work Schedule: Daytime and evening hours as needed
Working Conditions: Professional or home office environment depending upon location. Traveling, standing and sitting. No heavy lifting over 20 lbs.
We can offer you an exciting, fast-paced working environment and the opportunity to play a vital role in our growth. Mercer Advisors is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package.