As an expert in project management, this position must be able to manage large complex enterprise projects, using Agile and PMBok principles, as appropriate. This includes the planning, development, procurement, implementation and evaluation of large, complex ITD-wide projects. The selected individual will oversee the supervision and or direction of State/contractor employees and provide direction to large diverse project team with focus on product delivery. Oversee the creation of all project artifacts and ensures that all ITD projects adhere to established PMO standards and procedures. S/he must act as a liaison between the Idaho Transportation Department and any service delivery 3rd party vendors. S/he must ensure that all project engagement rules are adhered to and that quality project deliverables are delivered on time and within budget.
The selected resource will facilitate the operational efficiency of the business processes within the Department, ensuring adoption of newly designed processes and use of enhanced information technology tools. Identify opportunity for business process improvement and develop, create, and document new process innovations. Capture current state and design future state so that it aligns with business goals and objectives while looking for ways to streamline and reduce cost or time to deliver final products.
- 10+ years of extensive IT Project Management experience
- Proven experience managing software development projects successfully within the last 5 years.
- Proven experience managing enterprise GIS Projects successfully within the last 3 years.
- Must know ESRI ArcGIS 10.5.1 or newer versions, and have knowledge of Server & Portal environments.
- Experience leveraging GIS-based Linear Referencing System to integrate business systems and data.
- Experience or knowledge of IT system integration within the last five years.
- Direct experience managing projects with multi-million dollar budgets over the life of the project. Must have a proven project completion record.
- Proven skills in project integration across multiple business units.
- Proven hardware and software interactions/dependencies skills necessary to achieve large project outcomes.
- Ability to explore technical and business options quickly and reach agreement for streamlined and effective business and technology designs across multiple business units.
- The ability to interact with executive leadership and convey technical options and opportunities.
- Must have proven project management experience working across multiple state agencies.
- Must be familiar with the state procurement process/procedure and have experience writing/analyzing RFPs and ITBs based on project and state requirements.
- Must be goal oriented and able to lead project sponsor, teams and partners to deliver all project goals and objectives on-time and on-budget.
- Must have excellent business organizational skills and highly experienced at negotiating for project resources.
- Must have excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively respond to customers, sponsors, management, programmers, vendors and partners.
- Requires strong conceptual and planning skills. Multi-project experience at planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating complex enterprise projects.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines by applying strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to bring projects to successful completion despite political sensitivity or external pressure which may apply requests to move beyond intended scope.
- Able to function independently with minimal direction/guidance.
- PMPcertification desired but not required if in conjunction with multiple years of experience managing complex enterprise wide projects with varying and competing budgets and timelines.
- Must have experience with MS Project, Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint.
- Be recognized as an expert in the area of Agile project management; apply a high degree of knowledge, principles, and practices to all projects managed.