We are looking for Esri ArcGIS Analyst for our client in Atlanta, GA?
Job Title: Esri ArcGIS Analyst
Job Location: Atlanta, GA?
- Seeking a technical Esri ArcGIS Desktop GIS Analyst to support Emergency Operations management.
- The person will be part of a team supporting severe weather/emergency operational planning, preparation, and response.
- Person will edit and maintain GIS data sets, create/print maps, and provide spatial/tabular data analysis. Data results will support business uini
- Editing and maintaining ArcGIS Feature Classes in support of Emergency Operations
- Digitizing and making maps/reports on the fly to provide status update on Emergency Operations response
- Publishing and printing maps
- Querying enterprise reporting systems and applications to provide operational data
- Performing ad hoc spatial and tabular data analysis
- Staffing Emergency Operations Center (EOC) and State Operations Center (SOC) during activations
- Providing end user support and training on ArcGIS and IT applications used within Emergency Operations
- Providing data or technical support as needed to Georgia Emergency Management Agency (GEMA)/SOC staff
- Coordinating with IT and Enterprise GIS Team
- Developing map books (Data Driven Pages)
- Developing map templates and projects for publishing to ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Server
- Developing ArcGIS Online Story Maps
- 5+ years of ArcGIS Desktop mapping and data analysis
- 5+ years of ArcGIS data editing and maintenance within File Geodatabases
- 3+ years of ArcGIS data editing within an Enterprise Geodatabases (SDE), competent in reconciling and posting edits to database server
- Experience with ArcGIS 10.x with geodatabase design/development
- 5+ years Microsoft Office Professional – Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel
- 2+ years Microsoft Visio and Access
- Bachelor’s in Information Technology, computer science, geography, GIS, or a related field
- Be able to work with and develop data/maps to meet business needs of GDOT
- Be able to stay overnight for multiple days at EOC/SOC in support of emergency events
- Be able to be activated and deployed to areas across the state in support of emergency events
- Able to develop GIS metadata compliant to FGDC and ISO standards
- Advanced skills in working with ArcGIS Desktop extensions
- Advanced skills in data conversion/transformation/migration to GIS data format: GPS/Coordinate data, Linear Referenced data, CAD/Microstation data
- Advanced skills in finding and working withInternet data services in ArcGIS Desktop
- Advanced skills in printing/plotting maps
- Advanced skills with Google Earth, Google Maps, StreetView, KML/KMZ files
- Advanced knowledge of geospatial and mapping concepts such as spatial analysis, map projections, etc.
- Execute GIS projects quickly and comprehensively, providing clear and accurate results
- Excellent cartographic skills and data QA/QC skills
- Accountable and results oriented
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with quick turnaround times
- Ability to isolate/solve any number of problems during an emergency under pressure
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and teamwork skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Highly organized and active listener
- Possess unquestionable integrity, ethics, and commitment to GDOT vision, mission, and values
- Experience with Python scripting
- Experience with Dynamic segmentation and linear referencing systems/methods, transportation data model
- GISP or Esri Technical Certifications – Desktop
- Experience with ArcGIS Pro
- Experience with ArcGIS Online
- Experience with Bentley Microstation
- Experience with Trimble GPS, ArcPad, Pathfinder Office, or TerraSynch software
- Work experience in government, transportation, and/or emergency operations
- Candidate will be working within IT Applications. Candidates will work withsupporting IT team members (GIS, database, network, server, etc.) and interacting with business units.
- Possibility for some travel to DOT sites throughout the state. Expenses will be reimbursed.