As the Esports Comms Lead, you will serve as the esports brand steward for both League of Legends and Riot Games, with a keen eye on maintaining and elevating our position as the global esports leader. This role will drive message positioning and strategy for launches and initiatives that resonate with players, fans and other key esports audiences. You'll partner with key comms and brand stakeholders across Riot Games to infuse esports as a core driver of game and organization initiatives. You'll ensure that esports messaging extends across all earned and owned channels and done so in an authentic, player-focused way -- because you're a player, too, and you know exactly what that means.
- A natural communicator: with at least 10+ years as a communications pro, you're adept at communicating through multiple mediums and able to land nuanced messaging. You know how to craft and deliver a compelling narrative to passionate and critical fans.
- A craftsman or craftswoman: Communications is your craft and you are constantly looking for ways to develop yourself and your team. You look for inspiration across industries and know what good looks like when it comes to innovative PR, social media and corporate comms actions. You know the esports and gaming media climate, and have prowess in navigating events and issues that draw significant media attention.
- An enthusiastic coach: You've built world class teams and know how to inspire people to great results. Whether leading the charge or supporting a broader initiative you know how to help teams raise their game.
- A careful strategist: The challenges of communicating for an internationally published game are global in scope; your culturally-aware and player-focused in how you approach campaigns and thought leadership initiatives that have global impact.
- A Gamer: Games are your passion. You've been a gamer since the beginning and are excited to dive headfirst into helping build a world class game into a world class sport.
- A sports enthusiast: Although a professional background in sports will gain you some brownie points, most importantly you're a fan of many sports yourself and also part of the LoL esports community. You understand the complexity of league operations and the importance of maintaining a close relationship with your most passionate fans.
- A player advocate: you're the first to put your hand up when our actions don't match our words; you're ready with questions and recommendations to make our esports experience awesome for fans.
- Lead a team of elite comms professionals - You will build a passionate team of PR, Player comms and Social media pros and inspire them to craft innovative and resonant programs that show our fans how we are building a premier global sport with their best interest at heart.
- Position League of Legends to grow into a premier global sport - You will Lead Riot Games esports communications strategy, partnering with our local office teams and leading the charge for our North American team. You will ensure that our programs elevate player perception of our sport and build trust in our capabilities as an esports operator. Whether creating a new program or launching a new product, you will set the stage for a passionate team of comms pros to collaborate with the rest of the esports team.
- Inspire pride in fans - You will evaluate our current esports communications, identify opportunities to join the conversation with players, and develop programs that spark communication. Your insights and ability to connect with fans will help us build advocacy and passion around our sport.
- Set the gold standard for communications at Riot Games - You will elevate our team's craft, define what good looks like and inspire the team to deliver great player focused results.
- Manage agency partner relationships - You will lead the charge to find the best roster of partners that can help enhance our internal capabilities and achieve our ambitious goals.