Responsible for managing a team of several ESIS Workers Compensation Claim Representatives in the Charlotte, NC office, reporting to the Richmond VA office. This individual will be responsible for a team with jurisdictional oversight for NC & SC. The supervisor will play a critical leadership role in effectively executing ESIS business strategies and plans in this office. They will also be responsible for working with the Claim Vice President to successfully implement local business plans focusing on claims quality, customer service, staff development and expense management.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the activities of a claim team to assure swift and efficient claims services to ESIS customers.
- Determines and delegates claims settlement authority to claims representatives. Retains higher settlement authority for cases beyond the scope of subordinates. Coordinates and handles structured settlements.
- Develops and implements local operating processes and sound claims handling procedures to assure that quality claims services is rendered to all accounts. Effectively manages operations against established standards and recommends modifications or improvements to increase productivity.
- Completes audits, reviews and action plans to assure compliance with client, carrier and ESIS expectations.
- Ensures that claim investigations are completed thoroughly and timely, and that all Best Practices are executed in accordance with client, carrier and ESIS Best Practices.
- Maintains jurisdictional expertise, oversees technical training and ensures appropriate licensing within the team.
- Maintains positive relationships with customers and brokers serviced. Ensures quality and timeliness of service provided and designs and implements action plans to correct deficiencies as appropriate.
- Establishes loss reserves to reflect probable company obligation both personally and through subordinate claim representatives. Reviews and modifies reserves as necessary.
- Manages and controls expenses by ensuring adequate team controls and prudent protection/application of company assets.
- Manages department human resources by ensuring that organization design, staff selection, performance management, reward programs and related actions are consistent with company policies, procedures and good business judgment. Interfaces with assigned human resources representative to obtain required services and advice.
- May be assigned other duties or represent claims department at various insurance activities in the absence of the Claim Vice President.
- May have some administrative/operations oversight responsibility.
- May serve as ESIS sales & marketing office coordinator.
- Demonstrates skills in the following competencies: Strategic Leadership,
Business Acumen, Orientation to Results, Change Leadership, Influencing Outcomes, Focus on Development and Courage.
- 5-7 Years of Workers' Compensation management/supervisory experience. Knowledge of and ability to establish and implement general business, legal and ACE/ESIS best practices.
- Completion of management and technical training programs, courses and/or BS in Business Administration or related field.
- Strong technical knowledge of multi-jurisdictional laws.
- Knowledgeable of Property & Casualty business including claims procedures, coverage issues, legal and regulatory processes.
- Ability to establish and implement general business, legal, and ESIS procedures and practices.
- Ability to make prompt, intelligent decisions based upon detailed analysis of complex issues.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills, negotiation skills and influence management skills.
- Ability to manage and operate a team effectively.
- Demonstrated proactive approach to service for both external and internal customers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to maintain positive approach.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.