Provide Health, Safety, and Environmental consultative services to assigned clients in a specific territory. Frequent travel required to support ESIS HSE clients throughout the US. The role of the HSE Consultant is integral in ensuring customer satisfaction and the profitable growth of ESIS HSE. This role regularly interfaces with all levels of HSE operations, ESIS Sales and Marketing, Chubb Underwriting, broker partners and client personnel.
- Safety and health compliance, practices, problem solving and verification.
- Possesses understanding and application of HSE consulting principles and techniques as it relates to Hazard/Exposure Identification, Analysis, Control, Risk Assessment and Management.
- Assists clients in the development and implementation of written HSE policies, programs and practices.
- Work as an individual consultant or as a member of a team to conduct HSE audits, assessments and inspections.
- Develop and deliver technical safety and health training.
- Conducts risk evaluation surveys to assist in the underwriting process of new and renewal business. Evaluate compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Prepare technically detailed reports providing a clear assessment of risk and appropriate recommendations.
- Assist clients in the implementation of Safety and Health programs and audit recommendations.
- Effectively build and maintain positive working relationships with clients, management and peers.
- Demonstrates consistent quality in delivering desired results and meeting operational needs.
- 5+ years of comprehensive Health, Safety, Environmental and risk control consulting experience supporting customers across multiple industries.
- BS degree in safety related sciences, engineering, related field, or equivalent.
- Certifications such as ASP, CSP, ARM, OHST, etc., or willingness to work towards obtaining them within twelve months.
- Knowledge of OSHA, ANSI, and NFPA Standards, DOT regulations and other recognized safe work practices.
- Ability to access remote job locations, climb ladders to inspect elevated work sites, and traverse difficult terrain is required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential. Good interpersonal, collaboration and customer-service related skills required.
- Must be detail oriented with excellent organizational and time management skills along with a high sense of urgency.
- Proficient personal computer skills with Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, is self-motivated, self-managed and disciplined.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Consultant billable utilization to assigned goal.
- Responsible for efficient and cost effective delivery of consulting services with results and measurement systems in place.
- Cross-selling support of HSE services to clients to grow the HSE business and develop leads.