The Claim Assistant, under limited supervision, performs customer service and/or claims processing functions.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
· Verifies accuracy of claim information, payment codes, review check accuracy and confirm authority level of payments.
· Receive and register new loss information on system.
· Register new loss information on system.
· Perform all file updates on system as directed by claim reps/team leader.
· Register loss payments on system.
· Provide customer service to agents, insureds, clients and other customers.
· Process authorized payments.
· Input data entry correspondence into system, diaries information for claims reps and/or team leader, and prepares form letters.
· Typing, photocopying, indexing and filing.
Reports to an Operations Supervisor or to Claims Team Leader.
· 5 years previous claims processing and/or administrative experience.
· Strong customer service background.
· Ability to operate and contribute positively in a team-based environment.
· Good written and oral communication skills including effective telephone skills.
· Ability to work independently under limited supervision.
· Superior organizational skills and the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities.
· Demonstrated initiative as evidenced by the ability to self-manage, organize and prioritize work.
· Strong working knowledge of computer systems and various Microsoft applications such as Word and Outlook.
· Committed to high standards of behavior and performance.