The ESG Project Manager Position
The Office of the CEO is seeking an ESG Project Manager to support the development and implementation of Sunnova’s ESG strategy, with an emphasis on reporting and communication. Reporting to Sunnova's EVP and Chief of Staff and working with Sunnova’s ESG Steering Committee, the ESG Project Manager will ensure coordination and execution of committee objectives. Additionally, the ESG Project Manager will lead several key priorities, including: the annual development of Sunnova's ESG report, the implementation of company-wide sustainability and climate-related commitments; internal and external reporting and communications on environmental, social and governance (ESG) matters; and investor and stakeholder engagement on ESG.
ESG Project Manager Responsibilities
- Drives project management of strategic initiatives, managing stakeholder communications, and driving progress on Sunnova’s ESG strategies & disclosures.
- Supports the continuous development of Sunnova’s ESG strategy and annual ESG report, particularly regarding data collection, analysis, reporting and communication.
- Manages projects related to ESG and associated vendor accounts, including project timelines, internal review processes and engagement with Legal, Compliance, Investor Relations and senior leaders, among others.
- Works across teams to ensure consistency in communication and disclosures across all reporting venues.
- Tracks and manages ESG inquiries from relevant stakeholders and coordinate responses with the appropriate team leads.
- Develops systems to collect, manage, and enhance ESG data aligned with Sunnova’s ESG strategy and leading ESG frameworks.
- Follows market trends, best practices, reporting frameworks and policy/regulation on ESG disclosure to position Sunnova's strategy as industry-leading
- Supports internal and external communications efforts on sustainability and climate, which will require:
- Partnering with the Office of the CEO, Communication and Brand/Marketing teams to develop and execute a strategy that enhances internal and external communications on ESG.
- Developing and updating messaging, presentations, and web content.
- Creating and coordinating internal programming and community relations programs.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: EVP and Chief of Staff
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, communications, sustainability, environmental science, or a similar field.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in corporate sustainability, ESG, or similar roles.
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrates experience with data collection, analysis, and management, preferably for ESG data.
- Demonstrates experience engaging stakeholders and coordinating across multiple teams.
- Familiarity with ESG frameworks and ratings methodologies preferred (ex. SASB, TCFD, MSCI, Sustainalytics).
Sunnova offers a generous employee reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, healthcare flexible spending account, and 401(k) with employer match.
- Competitive compensation & annual bonus
- Paid time off, including 10 holidays and Paid Parental Leave
- Cell phone allowance for many roles
- Free access to onsite fitness center in Houston and/or discounted fitness memberships through health provider
- Complimentary garage parking in Houston