Chronos Solutions is a national technology-enabled real estate financial services provider delivering complete, end-to-end, elite mortgage and real estate services that span the entire mortgage and real estate lifecycles. Chronos offers customized transactional and business process management services to private sector and government clients, including Federal agencies, top-ranking national and regional lenders, leading mortgage services, real estate investment firms, and more.
We offer associates the chance to change an industry....and change the world. Do you want to be part of a culture where respect, integrity and collaboration define the way we do business?
We are searching for an Escrow Officer who is responsible to effectively manage the real estate closing transaction for insuring title insurance. This position requires the Escrow Officer to exercise independent judgment and to possess the knowledge and experience necessary to efficiently handle any situation which may arise during the escrow process.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Manage the entire real estate closing process, including compliance with real estate contracts, lender instructions, title requirements, company requirements and other written instructions.
- Understand the escrow process to determine what steps need to be taken to transfer the title of property pursuant to the conditions called for in the real estate contract and lender instructions.
- Determine escrow requirements by studying and clarifying buyer, seller, and lender instructions.
- Order title reports, resolve title defects, and coordinate satisfaction/release of existing liens and encumbrances against property or sellers.
- Establish escrow accounts, manage escrow funds, and maintain appropriate records.
- Prepare transaction documents by completing forms and statements and collecting and reviewing documents.
- Prepare all closing documents necessary to ensure title insurance is issued at closing by assembling documents, reviewing documents with parties, explaining provisions and procedures, answering questions, reviewing completed documents for accuracy and obtaining signatures.
- Conduct closing with customer, realtor, and loan officer and complete closing by recording and filing documents and preparing and distributing final closing statements and title policies.
- Prior to disbursement, confirm all funds are collected, all appropriate documents are checked for accuracy, signatures are collected, and acknowledgements and legal descriptions are correct.
- Correct all taxes due, HOA dues, and any delinquencies and/or principal and interest.
- Prepare HUD statements in accordance with lender instructions and applicable law.
- Close escrow account by balancing and disbursing funds. Ensure all payoffs have been collected, mailed, delivered or wired according to instructions. Oversee the issuance of checks, bills and statements, receipts, and any other documents needed to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Manage the business obtained from affiliate Company referral partner agents and loan officers and develop new external client relationships.
- Provide day-to-day direction to the Title Team
- 3-5 years of experience in the title industry
- 1-2 supervisory years of experience
- Understanding of the chain of title and title defects/issues
- Understanding of the key touch points of a residential title and closing transaction
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and flexibility
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be the primary point of contact to assist and resolve escalated issues.
- Working knowledge of title industry systems and software. SoftPro/Equator/ResNet a plus
- Ability to track, resolve and/or escalate time sensitive issues and document in order management system.
- Intermediate MS Office Skills
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Four-year college degree from an accredited institution required; degree in business or related field is preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat
- Familiarity using SoftPro
Chronos Solutions is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, national origin, color, age, military service eligibility or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected class. Chronos Solutions encourages and supports workplace diversity.
Chronos Solutions offers competitive compensation and benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long Term Disability, PTO, and employer matching 401(k) plan.