To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.Job Category
Customer Success GroupJob Details
The Critical Incident Center, Executive Escalations Manager, is a highly customer-focused, operational leader responsible for flawlessly executing world-class, critical escalation response with a high sense of urgency. As a Customer Success Group and Critical Incident Center team member, the Executive Escalations Manager should have strong technical knowledge of complex SaaS systems and deep experience leading the internal and external rapid response to complex escalations.
The Critical Incident Manager is a crucial driver for high severity and executive-level customer escalations. This responsibility includes collaborating and partnering with the entire organization to drive action and foster collaboration through communication to drive resolution. The Critical Incident Manager is both technically competent and business-oriented.
Salesforce is the leading provider of cloud computing, uses a global network of internal and outsourced technical support engineers to deliver world-class, multi-language technical support to over 1 million subscribers. We are searching for a strong incident leader to join our Global Critical Incident Center and drive escalations to resolution. Key Responsibilities:
- Ensure the flawless execution of the escalation incident resolution process, including running and managing escalation incident bridges and drive transparent communication that promotes very high levels of internal/external customer satisfaction.
- Works directly with customers as an escalation point of contact in certain circumstances to provide assurance and resources as needed.
- Lead cross-functional post-incident process reviews to ensure continuous improvement of operations and execution with a goal to minimizing or preventing future escalations.
- Closely partner with Infrastructure, Engineering, Operations, Technical Support, Customer Success, and Sales Leadership to ensure alignment across the business.
- Represents CSG as the initial single on-point contact for any confirmed or potential escalation raised by any individual within the organization and ensures interested parties and executives are alerted via an internal executive-facing Chatter group or slack channel.
- Addresses incoming escalations from executives or receptionists and organizes the appropriate resources/teams to help drive resolution.
- Identify opportunities for customers for support level alignment based on customer needs and requirements, specifically the necessity of supporting business-critical activities.
- Cross collaborate with teams within the Critical Incident Center to ensure the proper handoff and smooth transition between teams.
- Build a network of contacts across the organization to understand the roles and responsibilities of groups that to bring in to solve an escalation.
- Ability to perform a flexible schedule, including majority weekend and overnight shifts.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical area.
- 10+ years experience in a technical support environment, handling highly complex issues.
- 5+ years managing, coordinating, and ensuring resolution on executive-facing escalations or incidents.
- 5+ years at the Management level, preferably managing individual contributors,
- Outstanding communication skills at the C-Level: Both Written and Verbal Communications
- Deep experience leading and responding to complex critical incidents
- Operational solid and services experience in a cloud services delivery environment
- Strong technical knowledge of complex systems, ideally in a multi-tenant, Cloud environment
- Provide mission-critical support to large enterprise customers.
- Previous experience directing and maximizing the benefits of collaborating with global teams.
- Practical experience managing multiple support teams, with a strong knowledge of all technical support functions and related engineering responsibilities.
- Customer-centric attitude and focus on providing best-in-class service for customers and stakeholders.
- Familiarity with incident management frameworks (ITIL, NIMS, NIST, SANS, etc.)
- Executes with a high level of operational urgency to maintain calm and work closely with a team and stakeholders during a critical situation.
- Ability to lead and drive resolution remotely as an incident commander with excellent executive communications and cross-functional collaboration.
- Must have expertise in managing enterprise-level escalations, including managing, prioritizing, and delegating multiple escalations at once.
- Has experience collaborating and communicating on an executive-level.
- Flexibility, integrity and creative problem-solving skills are a prerequisite to be successful in this role.
- Must be technically literate and articulate technical issues in a meaningful way to both engineers and executive-level management. Deep technical knowledge of multi-tenant, cloud systems, and highly complex infrastructure is highly desirable.
- Influential team player that builds good working relationships across all functions within the Critical Incident Center and our partners. Demonstrates developing and maintaining productive relationships across organizations to complete business objectives.
- Excellent project management skills, including the ability to influence other teams to manage projects.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.Posting Statement
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.