If you love being the driver in assessing high impact support issues and taking ownership to influence internal and external teams to resolve and follow up, then this role is for you.
Do you want to help our most complex customers be successful with our tools?
Do you handle stressful situations well to see through the fog and find solid resolutions?
Are you familiar with Atlassian's values and want to live them? You can check them out below!
The Escalation Manager is a critical customer service role within Atlassian’s Support organization, working internally with Support Leadership, Product Management, and Development teams, as well as externally with key strategic customers and partner experts, to coordinate and drive the resolution of critical issues.
Transparency in line with our Values (Open Company, No BS) is key and is achieved by providing timely and accurate updates to senior management and customers regarding active critical issues, as well as important details on the status of the customer relationship with senior management.
- You will be the main point of contact and responsibility on selected customer issues and concerns
- Help identify hot accounts and potential critical issues
- Resolve our customer's critical situations by effectively partnering with functional leads in Customer Support/Success, Technical Account Management, Partner Services, Development, and elsewhere as required by the issue
- Develop and maintain a prioritized Issue List and Action Plan to handle concerns and drive resolution across multiple teams, including executive engagement as required
- You will run a regular meeting cadence & communications with internal and customer contacts, managing customer expectations on status and timelines
- Assess & evaluate the criticality of the situation, understand business impacts of key problems, and report back on the current status of those issues
- Develop and communicate periodic reports to communicate status on landmarks
- Hold scheduled conference calls with key customer accounts
- Responsible for oversight / reporting on all blocking issues, evaluating escalation performance metrics
- Identifying trends, collaborating with our Engineering organization on product defects and trends
- Educate and promote standard methodologies for demonstrating Premier Support with customers and Partners
More about you
- You have the ability to plan, coordinate, and manage multiple activities & issues at a time, from inception to resolution
- You have excellent verbal & written communication & presentation skills with specific experience in leading and handling customers through meaningful issues to successful resolution
- Ability to work with multi-functional teams for complaint investigation, root cause analysis, and implementation of corrective/preventative actions
- You have a proven technical background to understand wide-ranging support issues & ask discriminating questions.
- Ability to quickly assess business impact of an issue and effectively gather the appropriate resources that will drive the issue to resolution.
- Ability to effectively lead crisis situations
- You exemplify strong analytical skills, use available metrics and innovate with new benchmarks
- Strong negotiation and objection handling skills
More about our team
The team is filled with customer focused individuals that champion and support industry-leading products used by a growing list of 85K customers globally. We challenge one another every day and hold ourselves accountable for our work product, as well as our customer's overall success. We all enjoy the interactions with customers, problem solving, digging into complex issues, and actively championing for customers within Atlassian. We wake up every morning asking ourselves how we can improve the customer's experience, the quality of our product, our support system, or our individual weaknesses. We are not scared of challenges, nor do we back down or get deterred by tough problems. We are at our best when problems seem the hardest, pushing to identify root causes and solutions. We are a combination of passion and persistence. We feel that through our roles we can positively impact millions of end-users and their experience with Atlassian products. Our team is open, filled with varied backgrounds and talents, respectful, focused, located around the globe, and all about providing legendary service to our customers.
More about our benefits
Our offices are open, highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, five paid volunteer days a year for your favorite cause, plenty of food and beverages, ergonomic workstations with sit/stand desks, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years, generous employer-paid insurance coverage (medical, dental, and vision) for you and your family, 401k matching and more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Trello, and now Stride. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.