Escalation Engineering Manager
World Wide Technology (WWT) is a global technology integrator and supply chain solutions provider. Through our culture of innovation we inspire, build and deliver business results, from idea to outcome.
Based in St. Louis, WWT works closely with industry leaders such as Cisco, HP, EMC, NetApp, Citrix, VMware and Dell, focusing on three market segments: Fortune 500 companies, service providers and the public sector. WWT employs more than 4,200 people and operates more than 2 million square feet of state-of-the-art warehousing, distribution and integration space strategically located throughout the world. WWT is proud to announce that it has been named on the FORTUNE “100 Best Places to Work For®” list for the sixth consecutive year.
World Wide Technology, Inc. has an opportunity available for an Engineering Escalation Manager to support our Professional Services team. This position will be lead the WWT PS Solutions Architect team responsible for oversight of PS projects.
- Provide leadership to the WWT PS Solutions Architect Team
- Create staffing plans for WWT PS leadership to ensure adequate coverage of SA oversight
- Maintain awareness of projects being executed
- Provide design/config review to WWT deployment engineers
- Ensure WWT best practices are being followed by WWT project teams
- Provide engineering support (to include firefighting when necessary)
- Monitor projects being executed by a WWT subcontractor for success and compliance with WWT methodologies
- Review client deliverables to identify opportunities to improve through training, mentoring, product offering improvement, and talent acquisition
- Maintain bi-weekly one on one meetings with each direct report
- Interview candidates and provide feedback to management.
- Minimum 5 years technical management experience, preferably in a professional services environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or technology, or equivalent experience
- Prior experience managing engineering teams or technical staff in a project execution capacity
- Ability to work independently and solve customer-facing problems
- Strong communication skills – written, verbal, and presentation
- Capable of effective oral and written presentations to senior level executives
- Self-starter who exudes positive energy and can rally those around them to a common goal