- 5+ years of relevant professional work experience with a reputed procurement consultancy, spend analytics solution or ERP implementer
- Undergraduate degree required (Business or STEM related field a plus)
- Deep understanding of ERP data models (e.g. SAP, Oracle, Infor, Axapta), especially in the financial “FI” and material master “MM” modules
- Strong coding knowledge/ abilities in the field of large data handling through Microsoft SQL (T-SQL), Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, data manipulation and ETL tools using Alteryx; alongside knowledge of VBA /Macros
- Java development skills, PowerShell or other scripting experience will be added advantage
- Understanding of data warehousing, data lake concepts and Tableau dashboards, visualizations, etc
- Basic understanding of purchasing, procurement processes, sourcing and saving opportunity identification will be an advantage
- Solid problem-solving capabilities, including the ability to disaggregate issues, identify root causes and recommend solutions
- Strong interpersonal, written/verbal communications skills
- Willingness to travel (30-50% of time)
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH
You’ll be working with our Orpheus team based in our Waltham office.
This group is part of our Product Development and Procurement (PDP) service line within the Operations Practice. You will be joining McKinsey’s fastest growing team in the procurement arena and taking cutting edge technology solutions to clients.
Orpheus infuses best-in-class technology and AI-based analytics with deep supply-market and category-sourcing expertise. You’ll be part of a team that is a core element of the digitally-enabled procurement function of the future. This will involve all business value chain activities from product development to distribution and playing a strategic role in managing budgets and costs, anticipating and mitigating supply risk, driving compliance, and generating transparency to external Spend in an organization.