We are seeking a Senior Application Analyst to use a wide application of principles, theories, and concepts related to Finance and ERP systems, to provide solutions to a diverse array of difficult problems. The individual in this position may lead medium project and work teams and will work on a number of complex business applications. Analyzes and evaluates existing or proposed systems and devices or modifies procedures to process data and solve problems. Review schedules, cost and documentation to ensure success of projects. Mentors and assists others in support of applications, projects and goals. Typically deals with users to determine appropriate requirements of complex systems.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Involved in the implementation and ongoing daily support of business applications.
- Work very closely with the organization’s Finance departments, vendors and contractors, and other IS caregivers to implement and maintain these applications.
- Assist business partners with business requirements gathering and test planning including the creation of comprehensive end to end test plans.
- Design, configure and test systems functionality changes, such as but not limited to creating flexfields, modifying fast formulas, building elements and table setup.
- Consult with functional departments to identify necessary definition or changes to systems.
- Coordinate with other IT areas who are responsible for file transfers, security administration, reporting, databases and other functions.
- Help investigate and resolve system functional and technical errors. Troubleshoot on systems and data, and generate solutions which may include systems modifications enhancements or new procedures.
- Identify and analyze operational and systems issues and opportunities and produce effective solutions
- Identify and create standards and processes to support the application portfolio management.
- Lead small to medium project teams as needed.
- Manage upgrades for complex systems
- Perform complex qualitative and/or quantitative analyses.
- Prepare design specifications and test plans, test scenarios and test scripts.
- Report, track, and resolve application related issues with internal and vendor support organizations
- Understanding of applications that are supported within team, including how to deploy applications, customizations, design, and configuration.
- Use in-depth information and analysis to provide management with advice and counsel on a variety of business issues. Issues are often highly technical and complex in nature.
- Mentor less experienced analysts in use of tools, techniques, and analysis skills.
- Perform rotational on-call responsibilities.
- Collaborate with team members and demonstrate willingness to lend support and help.
- Communicate effectively orally and in written form with multiple stakeholders within and across IS teams and business counterparts.
- Create options analyses to facilitate decision-making
- Define plans for post-deployment support, including engaging/preparing Service Desk, incorporating into operational support, etc.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the difference between an issue and a risk; resolves lower-level issues independently and provides status; raises higher-level issues to management and independently proposes options and/or approach to resolve; anticipates and manages risks
- Demonstrate whole systems thinking
- Execute and deliver work thoroughly and with high quality; learn from mistakes and apply learning. Understand and manage inter-dependencies of work;
- Guide end-users through UAT
- Interpret and apply complex technical instructions and specifications.
- Demonstrated ability to provide solutions considering applications beyond installed footprint.
- Management of specific work items and/or projects, including: planning, scoping, estimation, status reporting.
- Organize work, set priorities and meet critical deadlines.
- Regularly demonstrate empathy and positive attitude in performing work and in working with others.
- Share knowledge, insights and work among team members and partners.
- Work effectively and professionally with all caregivers and leaders.
- Organizational, interpersonal, and communications skills and the ability to manage shifting priorities.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Management, Information Services, Engineering, Commerce or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience (at least 5 years of functional experience)
- Five years’ experience in application design, implementation and/or maintenance of finance modules (GL, AR, AP, FA, CM, Projects, Grants) in one or more of the following large scale Enterprise Resource Planning systems - Oracle Cloudsuite, Oracle EBS, Peoplesoft.
- Two years demonstrated ability to successfully execute medium to complex projects; methodologies related to application management such as system deployment, support, and life cycle; experience in process improvement methodology, change management, operational improvement in complex systems.
- Cloud ERP application configuration (Oracle Cloud - preferred), administration, report writing, and analytics skills
- Advanced knowledge of Oracle data import, data export, customizations and extensions
- Knowledge of hierarchies and dimensions, enterprise structures and offerings in Oracle cloud applications.
- Oracle Cloud fast formulas or equivalent
- Strong SQL skills required
- Proficient in Microsoft office products
- Demonstrates ability to work independently
- Demonstrates complex problem solving skills.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Two years experience with implementation or support of Oracle Cloud Suite (Finance) is highly desired.
- Two years experience with large scale business transformation and ERP system implementation projects with scope spanning multiple regions and/or geographies and business process areas
- Oracle Certified Professional (for relevant FIN applications)
- Accountant Public Certified upon hire
- Project Management Professional upon hire
About the department you will serve.
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence Health & Services from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.