Gladstone is seeking a talented, motivated, and highly collaborative candidate to lead a small team supporting Gladstone’s enterprise resource planning. As part of a larger IT team, this person will work with key stakeholders to ensure that systems are configured to provide optimal support. This position will perform hands-on work in configuration, scripting, programming, and report writing, while also managing members of the team as well as relationships with system vendors and support contractors.
- Gather and analyze data in support of business needs, proposed projects, enhanced functionality, and provisioning of user applications and systems necessary for business operations
- Ensure program logic, quality assurance, and data processing requirements follow “best practices,” deliver expected functionality, and meet internal security and external regulatory requirements
- Design, develop and deploy integration scripts, customizations, and reports
- Serve as the subject matter expert on current and upcoming Workday capabilities
- Analyze the efficiency of existing processes, and develop/deploy improvements to those processes
- Coordinate, contribute and evaluate rigorous technical and user acceptance testing
- Interact with a variety of functional stakeholders to understand business processes to help functional users become more efficient and effective at utilizing available business systems
- Manage relationships with system vendors and support consultants/contractors
- Regularly communicate status and changes to management and key stakeholders
- Expertise in Workday, particularly with supporting Workday Financial Management
- Direct experience in at least one implementation of Workday
- Hands-on experience in designing and implementing reports in Workday
- Hands-on experience designing, creating and modifying Workday business processes
- Experience with Workday Dashboards, Workday Studio, and Workday Cloud Platform
- Experience in managing and participating in User Acceptance testing
- Hands-on experience with creating and maintaining integrations between Workday and other systems
- A strong willingness to learn about the business of Gladstone and how it functions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to train both novice and expert users on best practices and system functionality
- Strong project management skills and dedication to transparency
- Exemplary attention to detail, especially when it comes to documentation
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Experience in managing direct reports as well as contractors and consultants
- A passion for supporting cutting-edge science
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university, preferably in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or Computer Information Systems, and four years related experience and/or training.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience within the enterprise resource planning space, with at least 2 of years using Workday extensively.
- Title and salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
- Be a part of big ideas and consider Gladstone. Your difference will make a difference in human health.
- Gladstone is an equal opportunity employer.