Industry leader in Water and Fuel movement systems is seeking a senior leader for our Global Headquarters in Fort Wayne, IN. Responsible for the development, implementation and support of the global JDEdwards ERP system. Leads a team of ERP Managers, who each have a staff of Business Analysts or Developers. Defines the future ERP strategy and project roadmap. Manages many simultaneous medium-sized projects, and may personally manage the largest IT projects in the enterprise. Manages a budget of approximately $5 million.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Service Operation
- Responds to internal customers to resolve their technology problems.
- Enters and manages Incident and Service Request tickets in ServiceNow, IT Service Management Application.
- Provides technical support related for the JDE Edwards ERP environment, used by Franklin Electric employees across all business functions.
- Occasionally provides off-hours support on evenings and weekends.
- Must maintain or exceed Service Level Agreements for Incident Resolution. This will be measured based on Incident Duration for the team.
- Designs processes and improvements to resolve end user technology issues.
- Analyzes Incident Tickets and performs root cause analysis to identify and preventreoccurring problems.
- Request and Change Management
- Ensures all changes and requests are entered in ServiceNow.
- Ensures the fulfillment of end user requests related to the JDE Edwards ERP environment.
- Ensures changes are completed with proper documentation for SOX compliance
- Reviews the forwardscheduleof changes for potential conflicts
- Asset Management
- Responsible for maintaining software inventories company-wide, for the ERP environment, and all bolt-on software applications and systems.
- Defines enterprise software standards and ensures standards are enforced.
- Project Management
- Leads large projects related to ERP implementation.
- Manages several Project Managers who lead small and medium projects related to ERP implementation or changes.
- Manages projects according to Franklin Electric IT Development Process
- Documents project plans, budgets, requirements, and testing
- Keeps project team organized and on task
- Prepares and presents tollgate reviews for project stakeholders
- Project success criteria will be measured using On Time, On Budget, and no rework metrics
- Portfolio Management
- Manages a team of 4 Managers, who each areresponsibleto:
- Prepares and presents an annual evaluation of the current state of technology standardization, across the corporation for all the Program
- Prepare and presents an annual strategic plan for the Program, which includes technology standards and guiding principles.
- Prepare and presents a quarterly Program Roadmap which includes prioritized projects for the next 3 years, forecasted spend, and planned benefits.
- Lead a monthly Council meeting of internal customer stakeholders who set Program priorities and collaborate on future yearbudget.
- Educates council on the value of technology standardization and utilizes council meetings to further standardization efforts.
- Facilitates sometimes difficult discussions in the Council about conflicting priorities.
- Budget Management
- Responsible to manage all spend for a budget of approximately $5 million.
- Prepare an annual budget for the following year.
- Prepare an updated forecast four times during the year.
- Negotiate vendor contracts and approve purchase orders.
- Submit and track capital appropriations for projects.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- Supervises managers and non-supervisory employee(s).
- Interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding, and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Motivating team, setting goals, and providing career coaching to employees.
- Working with Human Resources on employee issues.
Skills and Abilities
- Communication -- Delivers accurate, clear, and concise messages orally and/or in writing.
- Problem Solving -- Uses a logical, systematic search for the source of a problem, determining the most likely cause by eliminating potential causes of a problem.
- Decision Making -- Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; compares alternatives and makes timely decisions.
- Meeting Facilitation -- Plans and facilitates meetings of IT teammates, internal customers, or technology suppliers to share information and/or make collaborative decisions
- Presentation Skills -- Prepares and delivers effective presentations to communicate a message to a group of employees, peers, internal customers, or leadership
- Business Process Knowledge -- Understands the process steps and purpose of the important business processes used by internal customers
- Requirements Definition -- Elicits and documents a clear, concise and agreed set of internal customer requirements
- Testing -- Plans and facilitates validation activities to ensure a technology solution meets defined requirements
- Project Management -- Develops project plans, schedules and budgets, and keeps project team on task. Manages risks and issues. Prepares and delivers project status reports.
- Cost/Benefit Analysis -- Quantifies business benefit of a technology solution in financial terms and compares with the total cost of the solution.
- Strategic Planning -- Develops and drives a shared understanding of a long-term vision for a business process or technology, and defines short- and long-term actions to achieve the vision
- Budget Management -- Prepares forecasts and budgets for approximately $5 million annual department spend. Monitors the use of financial resources by employees and suppliers.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer information systems, or a related degree (required).
- 15+ years of application development experience, including at least 5 years of management experience.
- JDE Enterprise One (preferred)
Certificates and Licenses
- While performing the functions of this job, the employee is:
- Continuallyrequired to stand and walk.
- Regularlyrequired to reach with hands to finger, handle, or feel; kneel and crouch; and talk or hear.
- Occasionallyrequiredto sit.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and an ability to adjust focus.
The company will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
- This position is not subjected to harmful environmental conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Up to 25 % travel should be expected for this position.