The ERP Developer will play a key role in the implementation and support of the PeopleSoft Finance and Supply Chain Management (FSCM) and Human Capital Management (HCM) application modules at Vidant Health.
This position is responsible for the development and ongoing improvement of functionality that meets or exceeds customer expectations and achieve the efficiencies of business area services. This position demonstrates strong technical and communications skills, delivers technical solutions to business problems, and interact successfully and effectively within the IT department and with appropriate business SMEs and leaders.
This role requires an understanding of related business procedures and practices in addition to the technical aspects of the PeopleSoft environment. The incumbent will work closely with business and IS leadership, System Administrator, Application Analysts, DBAs and Unix System Administrator to implement and support PeopleSoft enterprise systems.
- Function as a technical project leader during PeopleSoft System implementations and upgrades.
- Coordinate and mentor team resources to develop project deliverables such as technical design documents, programs, and test plans.
- Responsible for working with the Functional and Technical Teams, DBAs and business users on system requirement gathering, analysis, design, testing and implementation.
- Assist with project plan development as appropriate. May take a leadership role in the overall creation of the detailed Project Schedule with SME/Business Owners and Project Team.
- Document technical design to be used in developing technical solutions in order to achieve functional requirements.
- Confer with analysts, and others to design usable technical solutions for end-user adoption and productivity improvement and to obtain information on product limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Design technical solutions for new or modified business processes to solve complex business problems, and provide process automation.
- Partner with functional analyst and vendors as needed in software development, configuration and/or upgrade/enhancement efforts.
- Create solutions that advance architectural objectives.
- Lead or support projects to upgrade or apply bundles and fixes to PeopleSoft modules. Perform application upgrade/enhancement efforts and communicates changes.
- Define and execute unit and integration test plans for enhancements, patches and fixes for the PeopleSoft environment.
- Ensure unit and integration test results comply with requirements prior to turning over for User Acceptance Testing.
- Coordinate with users in conducting user acceptance and QA testing and resolve issues that arise from these testing efforts.
- Ensure all testing is thorough and complete before promoting to production in order to minimize disruption to the organization.
- Participate in software system installation as part the larger team.
- Assist and support the preparation and execution of training for end users as appropriate.
- Work as part of a larger team maintaining the current PeopleSoft Internet Architecture (PIA).
- Support an enterprise wide PeopleSoft environment. Along with the corresponding non-production databases (Demo, Development, Test, QA…)
- Provide problem resolution of customer issues reported via the IS Service Desk System in compliance with applicable SLA. (Service Level Agreement). Provide support to junior staff members who cannot find resolutions to open issues.
- Work closely with the functional team to resolve any issues or challenges with regard to PeopleSoft applications technical solutions.
- Maintains a strategic perspective on the operational impact of technical developments against existing and planned PeopleSoft deployments and upgrades.
- Work at the highest technical level of most phases of development while considering the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment.
- Collaborate with Business SMEs, functional teammates and peers to evaluate solution alternatives and influence recommended solution using delivered PeopleSoft functionality balancing the optimal use of configuration and development.
Minimum Position Requirements
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, related field or equivalent work experiencerequired 3 + years of progressive programming experience with 2+ years in ERP Financial, Supply Chain, or HCM software applications required
- Progressive experience documenting technical requirements using a structured methodology required
- Progressive experience in software test design, script development, test execution and documentation required
- Progressive experience in version control, maintenance and upgrades required
- Ability to effectively support applications
- Works independently with quantifiable and qualitative results
- Independently motivated to seek knowledge through self-education, mentoring, etc. in areas pertaining to their current position
- Recognized as a source of knowledge on primary applications both functional and technical operations
- Peoplesoft ERP or Allscripts EPSI/Eclipsis Decision Support experiencepreferred
- Experience in a multi-company or multi-facility system implementation or upgrade preferred
- Functional knowledge of either HR, Supply Chain or Finance preferred
- Experience in health care setting preferred
- Experienced with Microsoft Office suite.