There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Iowa (US-IA) - Ankeny
Function: Environment / Health / Safety
Title: Ergonomics Engineer - 38990
As an Ergonomics Engineer, for John Deere in Ankeny, IA, you will provide leadership within the ergonomics community of practice (CoP) and participate on Enterprise Ergonomics Steering Committee. In addition, you will:
- Assist in the development and direction of the ergonomics process and recommend program design improvements to assure standardization across the enterprise.
- Drive integration of ergonomic guidelines into the product design, line design and enterprise product delivery processes (EPDP).
- Ensure new technologies are utilized to analyze ergonomics impact.
- Provide expert ergonomics support to develop greater understanding within the unit, division, or region.
- Serve as a resource for safety personnel to assure compliance on development of ergonomics processes, planning and managing of best practices of ergonomics issues and review of compliance obligations.
- Contribute to the ergonomics best practices databases with pertinent information that will assist in managing the ergonomics processes.
- Provide input and works collaboratively with Human Resources in order to facilitate the training and career development needs of staff members.
- Innovate and implement safety and ergonomics improvements of moderate to complex scope.
- Recommend workplace changes to improve productivity, efficiency, quality, safety and comfort of the workforce.
- Work with Product and Manufacturing Engineers to improve ergonomic issues.
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- 5 or more years of experience in ergonomics or related engineering discipline; product, manufacturing, or industrial engineering.
- 5 or more years of experience in ergonomics profession in manufacturing environment.
- 1 or more years of experience in occupational safety and case management.
- 3 or more years of experience with engineering tools, systems and databases.
- Knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health Guidelines, methods and processes.
What Makes You Stand Out
- In-depth knowledge of ergonomics.
- Knowledge of common ergonomics evaluation tools and methods.
- Knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health Guidelines, methods, and processes, ideally including the guidelines and processes that are followed at John Deere.
- Ability to influence management and external constituencies.
- Knowledge of various labor organizations.
Education (or equivalent work experience)
- Bachelor's degree in Ergonomics, in an Engineering/Technology discipline or in a Science Discipline.