The equity data content researcher will work within the Morningstar research group to provide independent analysis on individual securities, funds, markets, and portfolios. The research group provides data on hundreds of thousands of investment offerings, including stocks, mutual funds, and similar vehicles. Morningstar is one of the largest independent sources of fund, equity, and credit data and research in the world. The content researcher will perform subject matter research and work with content specialists, developers, team leaders and analysts, quality assurance analysts, and client/third-party stakeholders to define, manage, and execute high quality and timely projects focused on equity data methodologies. Specific duties include:
- Perform subject matter research and propose intelligent solutions/methodologies.
- Work with content specialists and equity data research and the strategy leader to improve the existing collection and calculation methodology.
- Through specification, create documents which include impact analysis and detailed examples.
- Communicate clear and concise project status information to stakeholders including the sales team and external clients.
- Handle complex client queries in a timely and effective manner, and attend client calls as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business.
- 2 years of experience working in the equity data industry.
- Ability to interpret financial statement data (income statement, balance sheet, CF statement), broker consensus estimates and corporate actions.
- Strong understanding of accounting rules such as IFRS and GAAP.
- Experience creating and presenting solutions to complex equity data issues.
- Experience working independently on projects with little managerial supervision.
- Experience working on equity projects that span multiple global teams.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.