Morningstar Research Inc. is a leading provider of independent investment research. Our mission is to create great products that help investors reach their financial goals. We offer an extensive line of Internet, software, and print-based products for individual investors, financial advisors, and institutional clients around the world.
We are currently seeking an Equity Data Analyst (entry level) to join the CPMS product line of our business. Working with our Equity Data team of Analysts, the successful candidate will maintain financial databases for equities listed on Canadian and American stock exchanges. The successful candidate will possess analytical skills, solid mathematical and computer skills and have the ability to work in a team environment. This position is based in our Toronto office.
- Reviewing, analyzing and inputting of press releases and financial reports from public companies
- Accumulating, monitoring and reviewing estimates supplied by the brokerage community
- Increasing the CPMS equity universe coverage
- Participating in projects designed to improve the efficiency of internal processes or enhance the CPMS product line
- Bachelor’s degree with intermediate level financial accounting courses which focused on consolidations and future income taxes
- Understanding of the fundamentals of computerized databases
- Knowledge of SQL is an asset
- Ability to analyze issues and determine possible courses of action either in a team or independently
- Canadian Securities Course is recommended
- Morningstar is committed to providing accommodations for candidates with disabilities.
If you require an accommodation during the hiring process, please inform the recruiter and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.