The Boeing Commercial Airplanes Production Engineering Department is seeking an Equipment & Tool Engineer to support the Fabrication Division in Auburn, WA.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Researches technologies related to manufacturing; shares learning with others and trains personnel regarding operation and maintenance of assets
- Develops complex equipment and tooling concepts and design solutions for Production System
- Ensures compliance with safety, producibility, maintainability, reliability, ergonomic factors and regulatory requirements
- Validates contractual performance milestones, maintains configuration control, conducts reviews, and preventative maintenance plans
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
The successful candidate will have the following education, experience, skills and capabilities:
- 3 or more years of experienceworking with manufacturing equipment or process equipment.
- At least 3 years of experience with troubleshooting Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s) and/or other equipment controller systems
- 4 years or more of Project Managementexperience using MS Project
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Typical Education & Experience:
Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
- Ability to meet with customers to develop design requirements and refine project statement of work.
- Bachelor of Science degree in one of the following areas is highly preferred. In particular, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science
Aeronautics & Astronautics Engineering
Aeronautical Engineering Technology
Electrical Engineering Technology
Manufacturing Engineering Technology
Manufacturing Systems Engineering
Material Sciences and Engineering
Industrial & Systems Engineering
Mechanical Engineering Technology
Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
Plastics Engineering Technology