Interested candidates must hold a Bachelor's degree in Engineering with 10-15 years of experience in manufacturing, project management and controls.
The ideal candidate has previous experience with sustaining equipment (SEQ) through mechanical and electrical controls upgrades. Currently handling capital equipment projects from installation through start-up and can handle any issues that arise. Must be able to handle 20+ projects at any given time.
Responsibilities of the Equipment Project Manager:
· Responsible for managing SEQ program under Director's guidance.
· Responsible for project vetting scheduling and completion through contract engineering resources.
· Responsible for implementing SEQ projects using company SEQ Project Engineer or contractor(s).
· Hands on leader charged with implementing capital projects safely.
· Capital budget for projects could range from $0.1 to $5 million dollars.
· Capital Project Supervision Responsibilities:
- Capital Authorization Request (CAR) creation.
- Savings/ROI analysis.
- Budget development, tracking, forecasting, reporting.
- Create & manage project timeline.
- Develop equipment specifications.
- Identifying qualified capital equipment suppliers, securing/evaluating bids.
- Installation management, including direct supervision of contractors/consultants, coordination with plant, engineering, planning and inventory control, business units.
- Providing engineering documentation, capital spend/forecast reporting and capital closeouts.
· Travel up to 50% mostly to locations in United States and Canada. International travel will be very infrequent.
Requirements of the Equipment Project Manager:
· BS in Engineering with 10-15 years of experience in manufacturing, project management and controls.
· Must demonstrate electrical, mechanical and process aptitude.
· Use experience of process knowledge to apply technology to other processes.
· Provide support to manufacturing facilities with knowledge of controls and process.
· Develop new process knowledge by applying fundamental engineering practices.
· Must have ability to see the big picture on the entire project scope (process, people, and business systems) to ensure meeting deliverables with effective planning and problem solving.
· Experience in high volume converting operations is preferred.
· Solid written and verbal communications skills.
· Self-starter with ability to manage multiple projects and establish priorities with minimal supervisory oversight.
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Project as well as AutoCAD & SAP.
· PLC and Controls System programming required.