Walsh is currently seeking an Equipment Manager II for our Corporate Equipment Division in Chicago, IL.
The position is primarily responsible for coordination, health and reliability of our mobile cranes. Frequent interaction with customers, vendors and department team members to accomplish tasks remotely. This position requires a high degree of technical expertise related to mechanical and electrical function, attention to detail and organizational skills.
Walsh is a rapidly growing, highly diversified construction company, and we constantly seek builders and business people to join our industry-leading team. Walsh employees are "built to succeed" - competitive entrepreneurs with strong character who are energized by working on a team to meet challenges and are willing to take risks after careful planning. There are many compelling reasons why exceptional people should consider a career with our company:
- Challenging, complex projects
- Creative and innovative problem solving environment
- Supportive, communicative managers who reward your success
- Opportunities for growth, training, and development
- Flexibility to build what you want, where you want
- Schedule and manage major repairs, moves and inspections of mobile cranes. Develop effective relationships with vendors and regional mechanics
- Daily management and approval of equipment transfer requests for mobile cranes and related attachments.
- Preview and planning of crane moves, working with jobs and key resources to ensure each crane move is executed safely and suits the application appropriately.
- Communicate Assembly and Disassembly instruction for machines as needed and ensure all AD events are supported by properly trained professionals.
- Travel as necessary for oversight of events, vendor management of major repairs and training.
- Manage major repairsevents with repairs entities, controlling cost, quality of work and sense of urgency for prompt return to rent.
- Created and manage Repair Authorizations, adjusting and approving with all invoices and costs accounted for.
- Work with shop and yard personnel to ensure incoming and outgoing cranes are shipped or received in good order to maintain an organized yard and high-quality deliveries.
- Scheduling and coordination of Annual Inspections for all cranes within responsible area.
- Heavy Equipment Technical Degree preferred, although experience may substitute
Minimum 5 years of work experience with mobile cranes in the areas of repair, assembly/disassembly and oversight including compliance regulations
Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office products
Oral and written communication skills to effectively build and maintain key relationships with support resources (equipment dealers, etc.) and jobsite staff
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to delegate when appropriate
- Proven leadership skills