Job ID: CEP000284
The Senior Equipment Engineering Supervisor will lead the IVD equipment engineering team within the site's operations group, with the mission sustain the production equipment and to drive various equipment development projects in support of ongoing cost reduction, quality enhancement, capacity creation, new product introductions and / or product transfer initiatives. This leader is also responsible to establish and monitor the performance of preventive maintenance programs and drive continuous improvement of equipment performance. The leader will staff the team as needed and develop the personnel to achieve the objective. The leader will orchestrate simultaneous execution of multiple projects with the help of her or his team and through engagement with third party service providers. This leader must have the ability to influence, motivate, and direct others in a cross-functional team environment to ensure adherence to the established project plans, and be able to perform independently with little tactical input from the manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide support to fulfill equipment maintenance and development needs of manufacturing and process engineering. Be the equipment and automation Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the operations and cross functional departments.
- Develop and Oversee the Preventive Maintenance (PM) program for manufacturing equipment. Review the program and implement change for improving the equipment performance metrics.
- Manage the maintenance group to ensure timely completion of plant-wide equipment maintenance and repairs.
- Work with cross functional groups (Production, Engineering, Quality, Purchasing, and Accounting) in process, quality, and cost improvement projects.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop sound concepts and ideas for custom fixtures, jigs, and automated manufacturing equipment.
- Interface with senior management to communicate/ report progress and provide updates regarding the projects.
- Closely monitor progress vs. plan and take action as required to keep projects on track.
- Take ownership of troubleshooting and resolving automation equipment issues.
- Manage spare parts planning and consumption to support maintaining of manufacturing equipment and propose changes to improve operational cost and efficiency.
- Responsible for performing/supporting quality investigations in a timely and detailed manner per applicable investigation procedures.
- Monitor maintenance processes for compliance with Company, FDA, ISO, OSHA and GMP regulations.
- Provide supervision and mentorship to engineers, technicians, and other employee tiers.
- Manage staffing (headcount) to meet equipment maintenance needs and coordinates the tasks for hiring.
- Participate in resolution of non-conformances and corrective and preventive actions.
- Provides performance appraisal, employee coaching and counseling. Resolves conflicts and implement disciplinary action, when needed.
- Actively participate and ensure each team member has robust development plan in place.
- Develops on-the-job technical and equipment safety training for maintenance personnel.
- Interfaces with outside vendors for equipment purchases. Reviews technical data on equipment to be used for modification or replacement.
- Work with vendors to improve equipment performance and resolve chronic equipment issues
- Conceive and propose creative solutions to solve difficult capacity constraints.
- Practice 5S in MFG areas and ensure that the production tools are maintained in perfect order.
- Complete Engineering Change Orders (ECO) to Work Instructions, Tool Qualifications, Drawings and BOM lists.
- Monitor equipment MTTR and MTBF and chart course for continuous improvement of OEE.
- Schedule and drive equipment taskforce and equipment performance improvement meetings
Education or Experience (in years):
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience to perform at this level
- Experience in a high volume manufacturing environment
- Minimum of 5years of people management experience
- Minimum of 8 to 12years of relevant equipment engineering/maintenance experience
- Experience in maintenance or technical field, supplemented by courses in Supervisory and Communications skills, Good Manufacturing Practices, cost accounting, product quality, and excellent computer knowledge
Knowledge and skills:
- In depth knowledge and hands-on application/integration of technologies involving motion control, vision system integration, precision actuation, dispensing, precision fabrication, and other tools used in automation
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good Understanding of mechanical design concepts, machinery, Electrical/ Mechanical/ Electromechanical schematics, motors, pumps, vacuum, and hydraulics
- Hands-on equipment maintenance experience with hand tools and machine shop tooling expertise
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.
- Plastic Injection Molding
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Lean5S Manufacturing knowledge
- PLC and Control Systems
- Agile Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)
- Project Management skills
- Vision and Laser Systems
- Equipment retrofit upgrades and qualifications
- Knowledge of SolidWorks
- Life science experience