Catalent is looking to recruit an Equipment Engineer to join a growing team in Woodstock, IL.
The Equipment Engineer will be instrumental in specifying, procuring, and implementing new equipment in the Woodstock facility and will have a strong focus on packaging equipment.
Additionally, the Equipment Engineer will identify long and short-term goals with regards to reducing costs in the packaging areas for all aseptic blow/fill/seal and packaging lines.
In concert with Catalent’s Patient First philosophy, this role is paramount to ensure the efficacy and quality of our manufacturing processes which will ultimately yield safe drug products for patients.
- Test and install new equipment for manufacturing; support equipment through validation, start-up, and continuous process improvement; and troubleshoot technical machine-based issues in manufacturing
- Write and facilitate approval of user requirements, change control documents, design specifications, and acceptance test documents for equipment based projects
- Utilize strong project management acumen to compile equipment specifications from existing, recent equipment projects and develop additional specifications to establish a current specification library for typical equipment projects
- Prepare “requests for quotation” based on User Requirements’ specifications for multiple bidders for equipment projects
- Define, describe, evaluate, and effectively communicate equipment requirements to both technical experts and non-technical audiences
- Provide engineering support to our 24x7 operations; periodic phone and/or in-person support after work hours and weekends is required
- Develop strategic plans to improve manufacturing efficiency and reduce costs by providing automation solutions
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years Equipment Engineering experience required; 8-10 years’ experience preferred
- Knowledge of change control and validation is desired; experience working in a cGMP controlled environment required
- Experience with packaging equipment in the pharmaceutical, food, or cosmetic industry a plus; (Packaging equipment includes: pouching equipment, cartoners, labelling equipment, scanners, and vision systems)
- Six Sigma/Lean Manufacturing/Professional Project Management skills highly desirable
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time to perform Factory Acceptance Testing and/or identify appropriate equipment
Catalent’s standard leadership competencies that are used to interview and for Performance & Development
- Leads with Integrity and Respect
- Delivers Results
- Demonstrates Business Acumen
- Fosters Collaboration and Teamwork
- Champions Change
- Engages and Inspires
- Coaches and Develops
- Potential for career growth within an expanding Operations team
- Defined career path and annual performance review & feedback process
- Cross functional exposure to other areas of Quality and Production
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401K are all offered from day one of employment
- 19 days of paid time off annually + 7 paid holidays 0028795