Browns Mills, NJ
Industry: Patient Care•
5 - 7 years
Posted 343 days ago
In collaboration with the Attending Physician of Electrophysiology, the Nurse Practitioner is responsible for patient care in conjunction with the attending physician including but not limited to: Inpatient EP Service-admissions, discharges, daily rounds, notes, urgent care. OutPatient EP Clinic-consults, first evaluations, re-evaluations, urgent care. OutPatient CHF Clinic- first evaluations, re-evaluations, urgent care. Inpatient CHF Service-admissions, discharges, daily rounds, notes, urgent care, consultations Device Clinic-Routine & problematic device evals, eval & treat arrhythmias, urgent & non-urgent patient care, prepare patients for upcoming procedures. Same Day Procedure Units-admissions, discharges, urgent care. The Nurse Practitioner is responsible for additional duties as required: Triage patient phone calls, messages, requests for test results, medication refills, visiting nurse communication, referring physician communication. Anticoagulation management of EPS and CHF patients. Evaluation diagnostic test results obtained by EPS & CHF clinics & treat or followup as required in response to results. Evaluate & treat patients in our telemetry monitoring clinic & treat or followup as required in response to results. Responsible to the employing institution to practice within the job responsibilities outlined in the Practice Collaborative Practice agreement and further defined by the practice protocols developed and approved in collaboration with the Chief of Electrophysiology.
• Experience: Minimum 5-7 years nursing and critical care experience with strong Cardiology/ EP/Pacing background preferred. Minimum Advance Practice Nurseexperience.
• Education: Masters degree or greater. Graduate from an ANA accredited School of Nursing
• Required License / Credentials: Current New Jersey License as a Registered Nurse and Advanced Practice Nurse Certification as an Advanced Pratice Nurse through a specialty association. Current CDS and DEA licenses required. Current CDS and DEA required within 6-months of employment. Approval of credentials and clinical privileges per Center procedure.
• Other Required Skills: Maintain required continuing education credits, maintain current BLS and ACLS certification, and completes requirededucation for nurse practitioner recertification of 20 hours of category 1 contact hours/year. 50% of the overall credits per 5 years must be from an approved ANCC provider. Computer proficiency
• Contact With Others: Regular internal and/or external contacts involving considerable tact, discretion and persuasion in order to obtain information and/or willing action or consent where it would otherwise be difficult to obtain.
• Supervision Given: To staff RN’s patients, families, therapists.