The EPMO Continuous Improvement Leader will lead 3-5 improvement initiatives within the Global IT organization. We are looking for people with a passion for IT and Agile processes, self-motivated and can drive results with limited direction. This role will assist in maturing the IT organization as we continue down the path of following SAFe.
This is an individual contributor role, you will be recognized as a leader in process improvement and implementing change and IT teams will naturally gravitate to you for mentorship. As such, you will affect significant change without direct authority over resources with whom you interact.
- Initiates, leads and/or supports Continuous Improvement initiatives and efforts that could impact the entire IT organization
- Provides oversight and tracking for all Continuous Improvement Initiatives across IT
- Acts as a mentor and provides coaching how to run process improvement initiatives to identified leads across the IT organization
- Comfortable developing cross functional collaboration with others, understanding where and when to step in, roll up sleeves and actively demonstrate desired project delivery skills, to define and shape project and operational KPIs and metrics, and to promote the adoption of tools and methodologies across the organization
- Represents and acts as key liaison for OCIO requests for assistance from SDLs on Continuous Improvement initiatives to mature processes and organizational capability. Provides reporting and presents materials to Sr. Management and IT governance to support decision making and strategic planning
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, Business or equivalent work experience
- 5 years of demonstrable experience having successfully performed in their area of expertise
- 3 years in a leadership role
- International retail/IT exposure for those positions partnering with our Canadian and EU SDGs desirable
- Experience participating or leading process improvement activities through a structured framework such as Lean Six Sigma.
- Hands-on experience participating in and leading Scrum/SAFe events, such as Sprint Planning, Release Planning, and Program Increment (PI) Planning is preferred.
- Advanced problem solving skills to help SDLs improve consistency in assigned functional areas such as project planning & estimating, project delivery, improvement of reporting and financial tools and identifying consistent ways of measuring what we do.
- Strong combination of “real world” Solution Delivery knowledge, financial acumen, analytical methodologies (Lean Six Sigma), process improvement frameworks, Agile methodology and IT operational best practices.
- Superior collaboration and relationship building skills; possesses the presence and credibility to act as a trusted advisor.
- Ability to exchange ideas openly with SDL leadership and EPMO peers and to reach consensus/solve problems.
- Works as a team with EPMO Partners to promote solutions and best practices in support of the TJX organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including analytical, relationship building and presentation skills
- Strong written and presentation skills, ability to tailor information to an audience in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding at all levels.
- Demonstrable experience defining KPIs, metrics and measures
- Ability to lead, influence, inspire, motivate within a matrixed environment and without formal authority
- Ability to handle multiple, concurrent priorities with little or no direction, and meet established timeline
- Regularly facilitates meetings with and makes presentations to Senior IT Leadership
Discover Different at TJX means opportunity, teamwork, and career growth. That’s why working here is so much more than a job. When you’re a part of our TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit group of people that work together to deliver the best value and style in the business. Our inventory is always changing and our approach is continually evolving, which means every day is another chance to Discover Different.